MSE News: Passengers set for extra compensation after train timetable chaos

Options
Commuters on Great Northern, Thameslink and Northern trains could soon be eligible for an extra lump sum of compensation potentially worth £100s - but if you're affected make sure you claim for individual delays NOW...
Read the full story:
'Passengers set for extra compensation after train timetable chaos'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• goaty100
    goaty100 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    "It's likely to be for season ticket holders. Grayling said the scheme would be for "regular" travellers, and so is likely to include those with weekly, monthly and annual tickets."

Surely this is discrimination against part time workers/travellers. I travel (well try to !) in to London three days a week. It is not cost effective to get weekly/monthly/season tickets !!
    I put in delay repay claims on most days.
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use Thameslink to travel to work in London, having purchased an annual travelcard on an Oyster card online on the TfL website. As it's a travelcard, I don't need to touch in or out when I travel. Now how do I prove to Thameslink that I've been using their trains?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    klint wrote: »
    As it's a travelcard, I don't need to touch in or out when I travel.
    What?

Where did you get that idea from?

If a ticket inspector finds you travelling having not touched in, then you are in trouble - even risking prosecution.
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    What?

Where did you get that idea from?

If a ticket inspector finds you travelling having not touched in, then you are in trouble - even risking prosecution.

No, as long as I'm travelling inside the zones that my travelcard is valid for, I'm ok. And yes, I have had my "untouched" travelcard checked by a ticket inspector using an Oyster reader, and he was fine with it. It's just like in the past when I had a paper travelcard and only had to show it to the inspector; now I only have to show the Oyster travelcard.

This doesn't apply to pay-as-you-go, of course. With pay-as-you-go you have to touch in and out.
  • waynepyrah
    waynepyrah Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately I've been unable to claim a penny for delays as I buy an annual metrocard which can be used on local trains and buses within West Yorkshire.

Sadly Northern rail don't see this as a season ticket so despite being delayed I can't even claim a pound or two that regular season ticket holders can claim :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure