Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 4th Jun 18, 3:22 PM
    • 395Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: Hit with multiple charges after the Visa outage? Here's what to do
    • 4th Jun 18, 3:22 PM
    MSE News: Hit with multiple charges after the Visa outage? Here's what to do 4th Jun 18 at 3:22 PM
    Debit and credit card holders who've been left out of pocket by the Visa outage which affected payments across Europe on Friday are being told to claim from their banks - if you're affected here's what you need to know...
    Read the full story:
    'Hit with multiple charges after the Visa outage? Here's what to do'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Babycakes
    • By Babycakes 4th Jun 18, 8:07 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    Babycakes
    • 4th Jun 18, 8:07 PM
    Visa Debit Payments
    • 4th Jun 18, 8:07 PM
    I attempted to transfer £2k from my Natwest account using my Visa debit card on Friday afternoon to an investment account. The payment failed so I attempted it again; it failed a second time.

I made the payment today successfully, but when I tried to make a payment of £3k to my mortgage account, it failed as I did not have enough "available funds" even though my balance was sufficient.

It seems Natwest ring-fenced £4k from the failed payments on Friday, thus leaving me with insufficient cleared funds to transfer to my mortgage.

When I called Natwest this evening, they told me that this was not their fault. Is that really true? I used their Visa Debit card and they have ring-fenced the money even though it did not transfer. They suggested that I call the recipient with the transaction numbers and ask them to refuse the payment. Surely this isn't my job to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,634Posts Today

7,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin