Kia Picanto vs Fiat 500

13»

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    it was a courtesy car with around 5k miles on it, having driven both the 4 cylinder kappa is by far the smoother and more refined, very very quiet at idle, whereas the 3 cycling could still hear the engine and feel vibration through the wheel. the 1.25 is far better all rounder.

Can't say I've found this in my wife's. 65 reg 7500 miles on the clock.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can't say I've found this in my wife's. 65 reg 7500 miles on the clock.

11,000 on mine and I'd agree with you, in fact so would the trade magazines:-

https://www.whatcar.com/hyundai/i10/hatchback/review/on-the-road/
    The 1.0-litre engine is exceptionally hushed for a three-cylinder. In fact, it’s actually quieter than the four-cylinder 1.2 much of the time.

Even Top Gear liked it:-

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/hyundai/i10/driving
    It’s all about quality here - the overriding impression you get from the i10 is one of refinement. This is a city car with a big car feel – wind noise is well-suppressed, the engine note is muted and there’s minimal tyre roar. It’s so good that you wouldn’t think twice about doing a long motorway journey in it. We really mean that.

There isn’t a diesel available in the i10, but the two petrols have got just about enough torque to make decent progress. Our choice would be the 1.0-litre, because the three-cylinder has got more character and feels no slower.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure