Zandoni Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Clearly you’ve never read any of Zandoni’s posts before !!!129315;

You do make me laugh.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Zandoni wrote: »
    I believe it’s wrong for you to be automatically opted in for auto renewal.
    Do you also believe it's wrong have to opt out of motor insurance auto-renewal too?

Can you imagine the number of motorists who, when caught without insurance, would say:
    "I can't believe they don't automatically renew it. The default should be to renew automatically".
  • Zandoni
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Do you also believe it's wrong have to opt out of motor insurance auto-renewal too?

Can you imagine the number of motorists who, when caught without insurance, would say:
    "I can't believe they don't automatically renew it. The default should be to renew automatically".

Motor insurance companies are the worst culprits. Many people allow auto renewal at a greatly inflated price. We should all shop around each year.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Motor insurance companies are the worst culprits. Many people allow auto renewal at a greatly inflated price. We should all shop around each year.

and those very people are very likely to miss their non auto renewal expiration date..........
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I never said you shouldn’t read the T&Cs I said you shouldn’t have to.
    And in an ideal world, no one should feel the need to lock the doors or windows of their house and shouldn't have to check out reviews or seek recommendations for builders etc as everyone would be 100% trustworthy.

Saying what you think people shouldn't have to do is totally pointless as I think everyone knows we don't live in a Utopian world.
  • Zandoni
    custardy wrote: »
    and those very people are very likely to miss their non auto renewal expiration date..........

If you know you’re the type of person who ignores the barrage of reminders then you can turn on the auto renew.
  • Zandoni
    And in an ideal world, no one should feel the need to lock the doors or windows of their house and shouldn't have to check out reviews or seek recommendations for builders etc as everyone would be 100% trustworthy.

Saying what you think people shouldn't have to do is totally pointless as I think everyone knows we don't live in a Utopian world.

That would all be very nice, but I think we need to take small steps, don’t you.
  • custardy
    If you know you’re the type of person who ignores the barrage of reminders then you can turn on the auto renew.

You mean like the one(s) highlighting the insurance will auto renew?
    Look at the OP. They had auto renew explained to them and still didnt get it.
    Do you think they would be the type to search out a safety net auto renewal?
  • Zandoni
    custardy wrote: »
    You mean like the one(s) highlighting the insurance will auto renew?
    Look at the OP. They had auto renew explained to them and still didnt get it.
    Do you think they would be the type to search out a safety net auto renewal?

You normally get the one email for auto renew and that’s if you’re lucky.

Where did the OP say they had auto renew explained to them?
  • custardy
    You normally get the one email for auto renew and that’s if you’re lucky.

Where did the OP say they had auto renew explained to them?

um the T&Cs they signed up to?
    The ones posted by another poster.
    Honestly its a grown up world we live in. You folks that want spoon fed to my head in.
    The OP didn't say they had it explained to them as the simply didn't bother to read what they were agreeing to.
    Perhaps every site should employ and army of people to come round your house and discuss things first?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure