Arnold Clark playing games!?

Options
dinamiteP
dinamiteP Posts: 15 Forumite
edited 4 May 2018 at 7:48PM in Motoring
I have previously posted on this forum to find out what my chances are of rejecting a car on finance. the conclusion of that was that I successfully rejected my car through the FOS -with final decision being in my favour- and the finance company must now refund my deposit plus all payments made plus interest and insurance cancellation fee.

now here is where Arnold shark comes in to play; after having left car in the dealership for 5 month (as I decided to reject the vehicle in December) they have now contacted me saying that a manager would like to meet me. I asked, why? after calling me back four times, they decided that it is because I must bring back my V5 and other motor vehicle documents so that they can buy the car back from me! I was sceptical of this, hence I contacted the finance company and they stated that as long as the car is in the Arnold shark branch I bought it from (which it has been since December) there should be no need for me to go there.

now my questions are:
1. since the FOS decision was in my favour and the car on finance, shouldn't Arnold shark deal with the finance company and not me?
2.how can they buy the car from me if the owner is the finance company?

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just a guess, but it could be that you are still the registered keeper (I know this is not always the legal owner) and unless you sign the V5, title effectively remains with you, particularly as far as DVLC records go? I think it's reasonable for them to expect the vehicle book pack to be returned, if you haven't already done so

Although I'd be wary about defectively 'giving' a car to someone until I'd had my money back!
  • bobbymotors
    bobbymotors Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    if you've got your money back just post them everything you've got regarding the car
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you don't have the car any more, then you don't want to be the registered keeper of it.

If you are still the registered keeper, then you are responsible for dealing with speeding tickets, making sure any driver is insured, and so on.

Giving back the V5, and signing the relevant bit of it, is a good way to end this responsibility.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    Just a guess, but it could be that you are still the registered keeper (I know this is not always the legal owner) and unless you sign the V5, title effectively remains with you,

Please tell me what the big bit in blue says....

v5-header.jpg
  • dinamiteP
    Options
    I will contact the finance company again, as my dispute was with them. i will post the conclousion here after.
    I might go to arnold shark regardless, just to mock the stupidity of the manager who thought he could get away by selling me a faulty car. I hope his ready for a big plate of humble pie!!
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dinamiteP wrote: »
    I will contact the finance company again, as my dispute was with them. i will post the conclousion here after.
    I might go to arnold shark regardless, just to mock the stupidity of the manager who thought he could get away by selling me a faulty car. I hope his ready for a big plate of humble pie!!
    Don't do the second one as the manager (or any other staff member) could call the police if you act inappropriately/cause a nuisance.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't do the second one as the manager (or any other staff member) could call the police if you act inappropriately/cause a nuisance.
    Well, if there is a physical assault or some particularly offensive language perhaps but I don't think "acting inappropriately" is yet a criminal offence.
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "humble pie" don't count on it, the likelyhood is that they don't give a !!!! and will have a good laugh behind your back.
  • dinamiteP
    Options
    went there today, with two other friends, took the mick of the manager a bit,drank a few cups of free coffie, took a few short bread biscuits and turns out their gonna have my deposit check ready this friday and ill get my monthly payments from the finance company. so yea thats about it for me and arnold shark.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    dinamiteP wrote: »
    drank a few cups of free coffie, took a few short bread biscuits

You're sure it was real "coffie" and did the biscuits come from a sealed pack? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure