MSE News: Viagogo threatened with court action as other secondary ticket sellers promise improvement

Three major secondary ticketing websites have promised to give better information about the tickets they are selling after enforcement action by the competition watchdog - but Viagogo is not one of them, and has been threatened with court action...
Read the full story:
'Viagogo threatened with court action as other secondary ticket sellers promise improvements'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Court action?

viagogo AG is registered in Switzerland, Company No. CH-270.3.014.628-0 with the registered address: viagogo AG, Rue du Commerce 4, 1204, Genève, Switzerland

Good luck with that one then!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Court action?

viagogo AG is registered in Switzerland, Company No. CH-270.3.014.628-0 with the registered address: viagogo AG, Rue du Commerce 4, 1204, Genève, Switzerland

Good luck with that one then!

The CMA do actually have a remit to enforce action against foreign companies. As a government agency they do actually have some clout.
  • My sister bought what were supposed to be 3 x £18 tickets to a Swansea day festival from Viagogo. The final confirmation email showed £1772.41, though this was NOT shown in full before the buy button – breaching ASA clear pricing rulings.

Having been in contact with Viagogo over 30 times in the last 3 weeks, repeatedly explaining her right as a Consumer to have a FULL refund (under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and Consumer Regulations Act 2013), Viagogo representatives continually respond with STOCK emails, or emails which state that providing a refund is ‘against company policy’.

Viagogo’s claim that it is not company policy to provide refunds does not exempt it, however, from complying with UK Law. It operates in the UK, selling tickets in sterling to British consumers for British events. It also pays (a bit of) tax in the UK. Viagogo tries to con people into thinking that, because they are based in Switzerland, they are not subject to UK Law but this is just an attempt to put people off claiming refunds or taking legal action. They are not above the law, even though they show contempt for it.

Rest assured, this case will not be settled until we have received a FULL refund (inline with my sister’s legal rights). We are now engaging lawyers and will soon take to social media too if no progress has been made.

John Smith – You’re obviously a Viagogo stooge. Don’t bother responding to this comment - just action this refund!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Let us know how you get on. Many people come here saying they are taking action then they never come back. I hope you are different.
  • sal51
    sal51 Posts: 1 Newbie
    . I paid for tickets in May 2017 to see Paul Weller on 27th February 2018. My money was taken back in May. After ringing twice on 26th February as my tickets had not arrived, I was told the second time that replacement were being sort for me, when I asked why , as I had bought them back in May 2017 I was told that the seller had let them down. I then received an email claiming !!!8220;We are sorry to inform you that due to restrictions put in place by the venue for this event, we unfortunately had to cancel your transaction. You will therefore be refunded the full purchase amount of £205.20. We sincerely apologise for this, but unfortunately this situation was outside of our control". This is disgusting. We have had time off work and paid for travel etc. plus they have had my money making interest on it since May 20147. They charge way over the odds for tickets, which I am sure people pay if they are guaranteed to get them. DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO PURCHASE TICKETS. The customer service is also appalling, why did no one try to contact me a week or so before to say there was a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure