Igloo energy

boobbby
boobbby Posts: 769 Forumite
I must congratulate igloo energy on its customer service. The phone is answered almost immediately and emails replied too within hours. Likewise once a month after giving my meter readings I receive my bill within hours. So with a good rate and excellent customer service I would highly recommend this company

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    boobbby wrote: »
    I must congratulate igloo energy on its customer service. The phone is answered almost immediately and emails replied too within hours. Likewise once a month after giving my meter readings I receive my bill within hours. So with a good rate and excellent customer service I would highly recommend this company

Good to hear. That said, rarely do new/small suppliers get it wrong until the message gets out and they start to become popular. As customer numbers increase, owners see increasing profits to offset start up liabilities and fail to recognise/pay for an increase in support staff to support the larger customer base. Problems then arise and complaint numbers increase etc.

Small suppliers may also use all the terms usually associated with an established business; eg; our transfer and billing teams. When GBEnergy went bust owing £25M with upwards of 150k customers, I recall that the supplier had a total of 16 staff members.

My point is that reviews for recent entrants are always welcome and helpful, but it is still a case of caveat emptor in what is a ‘dog eat dog’ market.
  • Perhaps this thread could be merged with the official feedback thread for this supplier that the OP posted in last week ... and previously in Nov 2017?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5687694
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport