Options
2»

Comments

• Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 April 2018 at 7:52PM
    Options
    It is a vast leap from faulty gearbox to deathtrap. No modern car is going to fall into the latter category.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Continuing to use the vehicle will not help your case for rejecting it.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As you bought the car with the manufacturer's finance they own the car and it would have to be them who rejected the car.

A few years ago my husband collected a new car, drove it home and when he tried to put it into gear to reverse on to our drive the gear lever came out in his hand.

He was intending to drive 300 miles the next day.

One of the owners of the garage lived in our town so called in on his way home and fixed it.

We never had any further trouble with the car.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Continuing to use the vehicle will not help your case for rejecting it.
    Have you not read the thread, the car's been fixed, rejecting the car doesn't come into it now.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Have you not read the thread, the car's been fixed, rejecting the car doesn't come into it now.

Yes I've read the thread and the OP despite the car being fixed still wants to reject it, that's the point. They continue to use it...which may deem acceptance
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes I've read the thread and the OP despite the car being fixed still wants to reject it, that's the point. They continue to use it...which may deem acceptance
    And as we've already explained the car has now been repaired so talk of rejecting the vehicle is irrelevant.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MarkOK wrote: »
    I recently bought a new car from a dealer in Glasgow. The car was sold to me without the ability to use 5th or 6th Gear which I only discovered on the drive home.
    The dealer then took two weeks to fix the issue. When I sad I wanted a replacement vehicle the dealer stopped responding to all my communications (phone/email/ recorded delivery). They even ignored instructions from the manufacturer to contact me. I now want to return the car for a full refund. What are my rights. The car was purchased using the manufacturers finance and the deposit was paid with a Credit card. What are my rights to return the vehicle for a full refund under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and section 75. I have been told I have no right to return the vehicle as the dealer fixed the fault.

You missed the boat when the car was repaired but I don't see the issue now that the car is working as it should.

I successfully rejected a car in 2002, but I rejected it after 4, 9 and 23 day holidays to the dealer with all issues not resolved. They were also told in advance of the 23 day holiday ending that the car would be rejected if not fixed 100%.
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    It is a vast leap from faulty gearbox to deathtrap. No modern car is going to fall into the latter category.

Really! Quite a lot of cars and models have been recalled because of dangerous faults, in fatc there is quite a famous one in the states involving a airbag killed some 10 to 15 folk I think it was? not saying that the car op has that sort of problem, just think you are optimistic thinking no modern car can be a deathtrap :)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I read that as a faulty gearbox leading to a deathtrap. Nothing to do with airbags.
  • dld2s
    dld2s Posts: 441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    I read that as a faulty gearbox leading to a deathtrap. Nothing to do with airbags.

I didn't there was a full stop :)

But it just shows how folk read things differently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family