Booking myself in for an independent future

Comments

• Finally feeling like I have got over the norovirus, but feel so far behind with my half marathon training now.

I have realised that my interest is £3.66 a day!! renders my little overpayment of £3.24 to round down a little pointless

Why do toiletries all run out at the same time? I just spent lots of money in superdrug buying:
    - shampoo (better than half price)
    - conditioner (better than half price)
    - multi vitamins (3 for 2)
    - toothpaste (1/3 off)
    - body wash (£1)

Right, time to tidy my flat
    Mortgage £75,300 (December 2016) Mortgage Free Date December 2051

Mortgage £11,500 (March 2023) Mortgage Free Date August 2024
  • Went out for a run this morning, was only a short one for me so am still concerned about being back to full fitness at the end of May.

Have tidied the bathroom and hallway today, and will work on the ironing during countryfile

Not much of an update money wise, but am on track to be left £250 at the end of the month so am planning £100 into savings and another £150 overpayment.

On the job front I have found another job to apply for that I really want, it is slightly outside my area but I meet the person spec so fingers crossed. Would still be a big commute though

• Have finally sorted changing phone contracts.

My contract has gone from £34.72 a month to £23 with the exact same gb, minutes, and texts. Plus I have got a new phone for free, as my current one can't be off the charger for longer than a couple of hours...

...BUT best of all I got (well will get) £50 through TopCashBack for doing it!

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great deal :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I have realised that my interest is £3.66 a day!! renders my little overpayment of £3.24 to round down a little pointless

No it's not pointless. It'll all add up in long term. :) Like mentioned in my previous posts my smallest OP was 80p. But when you add it up with the other small OPs it'll add up to so much more in the end. :) Keep at it. It'll be worth it.
  • My contract has gone from £34.72 a month to £23 with the exact same gb, minutes, and texts. Plus I have got a new phone for free, as my current one can't be off the charger for longer than a couple of hours...BUT best of all I got (well will get) £50 through TopCashBack for doing it!
    Well done. However... (did you see the "BUT" coming?!? Sorry....) Are you using the allowance every month? If not, look for a better deal elsewhere as soon as your contract ends. Yup new phones are expensive to get, but you may have been better off paying at front and then going for cheap PAYG SIM. Always, always do a comparison :)

Well done on starting the journey, I'm sure you'll make it!!!! And keep us posted. :)
  • Got paid on Friday so put the remaining money from the month towards the overpayment; £245.76

With my usual mortgage payment and usual £100 going in tomorrow I will be in to the £67,000!

Two interviews coming up, both roles outside my current niche area. I want one more than the other but neither are perfect.

• Runders
    Runders Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello! I've just read through your diary, congratulations on getting into the £67,000!! I find I get stupidly excited/happy when I go into a new thousand - I am hoping to make it into my next thousand tomorrow too.

I've subscribed and am looking forward to seeing how you get on. Good luck for the interviews too!
    MFW Start:[STRIKE] Sep 2014 - £110,844[/STRIKE], July 2019 New Home £190,995 :eek:
    Current: £82,999.69, £190,972.18, £188,091.57, £180,026.25
    2021MFW #97 OP Goal £296.36/£3000
    2020MFW #97 OP Goal £3104.09.09/£3000
    2019MFW #109 OP Goal £1024.99/£1000
  • This evening I have been looking at mortgages and what deals are out there.

The big plan was always to get down to 75% LTV by December this year (two year fix up) so I could get a better deal for the remortgage but have found some amazing rates if I get down to 65% LTV. So I will have my work cut out for me to get there but seen as I can't afford to staircase this time round I may as well just pay down as much as I can.

I have the money needed to reach that target in savings but I would like as much as possible not to have to dip into those too much. I always like to have the option in the background to just quit my job and have a few months to find something else.

• In money news it has not been a good week. Lots of travelling and buying food over the long weekend, but I had a lovely time and was great to see so many people.

In work news, I have been offered a job. It all depends on references etc but fingers crossed it all goes to plan. My travel costs will still be very high but in terms of time it will be down to 75 minutes door to door. Plus there will be a very very small pay rise but I will be on a scale that will take me up into the high rate taxpayer window!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport