Plevin Complaint - Bank of Scotland

Options
Brief Summary ....

PPI claim rejected few years back, received letter from Lookers Motors informing me about Plevin and to contact the Finance Company (Bank of Scotland)

5th Dec 2017 - Plevin Complaint Logged via Resolver
8th Dec 2017 - Comfirmation Text via Bank of Scotland

20th Dec 2017 - Letter informing me that they had not sold me the PPI insurance and that they have sent a letter to the Car Dealer.

Due to xmas and new year, delay in me receiving their letter dated 20th Dec

3rd Jan 2018 - I sent email via resolver informing them that this is a Plevin complaint and not a miss selling complaint.

11th Jan 2018 - still no reply, I Sent a follow up email informing them that I had contacted Lookers Motors

25th Jan 2018 - still no reply, I sent a follow up email.

26th Jan 2018 - decided to ring them...........

What I was told on phone......

Told me that as Resolver is not their website, they don't monitor it.
Told me that Resolver chooses what they send and what they don't send.
Told me that they did not receive the emails dated 3rd Jan, 11th Jan & 25th Jan that where sent via Resolver.

Told me they had mislogged my complaint as miss selling PPI and not Plevin High Commission. (After I pointed out to her again that it was Plevin not Miss Selling)

Told me that even if my complaint had been logged correctly they are taking longer than the eight weeks anyway.

Put me on hold for a while, came back and told me she had passed the details on marked urgent.

I asked when would I be contacted. Was told they will not ring you , they will not email you. It will be a letter. Give it a week and if you haven't heard anything contact us again.

I pointed out again that the 8 weeks was ending on Monday. Told me that even if my complaint had been logged correctly they are taking longer than the eight weeks anyway.

Feeling annoyed and frustrated .... :(:(

Anyone else experienced this? Is it delay tactics ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. It's simply delays.

With everyone claiming for Plevin and using third parties like Resolver instead of simply going direct, timescales are extending.
  • fifikav
    fifikav Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ...my bank of Scotland Plevin claim is still with them. The letter from them says I will hear by today ... as has been 8 weeks ! I will leave it until Monday until I call them.

On another I have also had a couple of companies, where I used resolver who have not received the e mails ... jd williams and first direct ...

2 x others, Halifax and a m and s did not respond via resolver but via post to my home address.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SailorGirl wrote: »
    Is it delay tactics ?
    There is no longer any point in "delaying tactics". These were indeed a feature of complaint handling by banks when a high court decision was pending a good few years ago. Nowadays, any extension of the eight weeks allowed for consideration of your complaint is simply because they are currently swamped with Plevin complaints.

Best advice is always to complain direct and not use any third party, even a "free" one like Resolver.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brief Summary ....

PPI claim rejected few years back, received letter from Lookers Motors informing me about Plevin and to contact the Finance Company (Bank of Scotland)

5th Dec 2017 - Plevin Complaint Logged via Resolver
    8th Dec 2017 - Comfirmation Text via Bank of Scotland

20th Dec 2017 - Letter informing me that they had not sold me the PPI insurance and that they have sent a letter to the Car Dealer.

Due to xmas and new year, delay in me receiving their letter dated 20th Dec

3rd Jan 2018 - I sent email via resolver informing them that this is a Plevin complaint and not a miss selling complaint.

11th Jan 2018 - still no reply, I Sent a follow up email informing them that I had contacted Lookers Motors

25th Jan 2018 - still no reply, I sent a follow up email.

26th Jan 2018 - decided to ring them...........

What I was told on phone......

Told me that as Resolver is not their website, they don't monitor it.
    Told me that Resolver chooses what they send and what they don't send.
    Told me that they did not receive the emails dated 3rd Jan, 11th Jan & 25th Jan that where sent via Resolver.

Told me they had mislogged my complaint as miss selling PPI and not Plevin High Commission. (After I pointed out to her again that it was Plevin not Miss Selling)

Told me that even if my complaint had been logged correctly they are taking longer than the eight weeks anyway.

Put me on hold for a while, came back and told me she had passed the details on marked urgent.

I asked when would I be contacted. Was told they will not ring you , they will not email you. It will be a letter. Give it a week and if you haven't heard anything contact us again.

I pointed out again that the 8 weeks was ending on Monday. Told me that even if my complaint had been logged correctly they are taking longer than the eight weeks anyway.

Feeling annoyed and frustrated .... :(:(

Anyone else experienced this? Is it delay tactics ?

So you had PPI rejected years ago and now you are annoyed and frustrated because you might have to wait a couple of weeks longer!
    unbelievable.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • SailorGirl_2
    Options
    Annoyed and frustrated that 3 emails sent via resolver did not reach BOS

Annoyed and frustrated that BOS dealt with the complaint incorrectly

"NOT" due to waiting longer
  • SailorGirl_2
    Options
    There is no longer any point in "delaying tactics". These were indeed a feature of complaint handling by banks when a high court decision was pending a good few years ago. Nowadays, any extension of the eight weeks allowed for consideration of your complaint is simply because they are currently swamped with Plevin complaints.

Best advice is always to complain direct and not use any third party, even a "free" one like Resolver.

Thank you for your response, I have had
    Capital One successful complaint via Resolver , all emails received.
    (Their letter actually had on it for me to use resolver)

Nationwide via own website

But "YES" I do agree, next time don't use third party even if a "free" one
  • SailorGirl_2
    Options
    No. It's simply delays.

With everyone claiming for Plevin and using third parties like Resolver instead of simply going direct, timescales are extending.

Thank you for your response, I have had
    Capital One successful complaint via Resolver , all emails received.
    (Their letter actually had on it for me to use resolver)

Nationwide via own website

But "YES" I do agree, next time don't use third party even if a "free" one
  • SailorGirl_2
    Options
    fifikav wrote: »
    Hi ...my bank of Scotland Plevin claim is still with them. The letter from them says I will hear by today ... as has been 8 weeks ! I will leave it until Monday until I call them.

On another I have also had a couple of companies, where I used resolver who have not received the e mails ... jd williams and first direct ...

2 x others, Halifax and a m and s did not respond via resolver but via post to my home address.

Thank you for your response, interesting to know other emails have gone astray.

Capital One responded via letters , when I responded by email via resolver they received them ok
  • fifikav
    fifikav Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your response, interesting to know other emails have gone astray.

Capital One responded via letters , when I responded by email via resolver they received them ok

Sailor girl....

I called B o S today as over 8 weeks ( as stated in their letter!)

They said they were working 9n it and would respond by 2nd Feb !

Giving themselves a couple more days ...

Anyway fingers crossed

..FYI

Used resolver for a jd Williams plevin claim on 6 th dec. letter dated 26 jan came through ( not on resolver) saying they had my complaint and that 8 weeks started then.

So perhaps our experience is not unusual.

I wish you luck with your claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport