IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Parking Fine, do I have to pay this extortionate amount?

Options
Dear Forum Members,
I have read through a few related posts, but I am a little confused on what to do. I received a UKPC Parking Charge for £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days). Yes, I forgot to put a ticket on the car windscreen as had 3 children with me. But my point is that it is a free car park for 3 hours, and I cannot justify having to pay £60 for a car park that was free. £30 yes, that is acceptable, but £60 or even £100 is not. There has to be a reasonable amount to pay, and some way of challenging a reasonable penalty, considering that there was a 3 hour free limit, and I was there for only 2 hours. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cocoviolet wrote: »
    Dear Forum Members,
    I have read through a few related posts, but I am a little confused on what to do. I received a UKPC Parking Charge for £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days). Yes, I forgot to put a ticket on the car windscreen as had 3 children with me. But my point is that it is a free car park for 3 hours, and I cannot justify having to pay £60 for a car park that was free. £30 yes, that is acceptable, but £60 or even £100 is not. There has to be a reasonable amount to pay, and some way of challenging a reasonable penalty, considering that there was a 3 hour free limit, and I was there for only 2 hours. Any advice welcome.

Agreed that it is extortionate. However, you are allowed to park subject to their terms and conditions. They need to be displayed in a manner that meets certain standards.

In addition, they need to follow certain procedures with the right documentation to demand payment.

But you need to start from the point where you have made a mistake and need to dismember their notices and processes. Read the Newbies thread at top of forum and read up on a few current threads.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 April 2018 at 6:57PM
    Options
    UKPC Parking Fine, do I have to pay this extortionate amount?

No.

That's why the NEWBIES thread has a template appeal to submit online at day 26 and doesn't tell you to pay!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cocoviolet
    Options
    Thanks very much for your advice. I'll go back and read through this. Appreciate you contacting me..

Thanks
  • smeghead66
    Options
    Hi
    I can't seem to find the newbie thread with the appeal process, any info would be gladly received
    Thanks !!!128402;
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Errm, yes you can as long as you are NOT on a phone.

My signature (below) tells you where to click; you've seen my posts already.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    smeghead66 wrote: »
    Hi
    I can't seem to find the newbie thread with the appeal process, any info would be gladly received
    Thanks !!!128402;

It is exactly where you confirmed you knew where to find it during signup.

Along with your clear agreement to not hijack threads.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    But my case is unique......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts