Beware of Sirenis Premium Travel Club

Options
We stayed at the Grand Sirenis Hotel in Riviera Maya in November 2014. The Hotel was fine but be very aware of the on-site Sirenis Premium Travel Club that they will try and encourage you to sign up to. The sales staff employ outlawed fraudulent tactics i.e. willful falsehoods to make you sign on the dotted line. Our sales rep, JD, from Edinburgh told us they are in partnership with major Airlines, including Thomson and First choice that will 'guarantee' preferential rates and availability. This is a pack of lies, Thomson, First Choice and all other airlines have never heard of this Mickey Mouse outfit who hide their offices in Panama to avoid any financial retribution. They will tell you that their is no cooling of period and no right to cancel which is illegal in most law abiding practices. We are presently in legal proceedings to cover the deposit paid and have had absolutely no assistance from the company whatsoever in trying to recuperate our losses. Avoid Sirenis Premium Travel at all costs.

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pg25 wrote: »
    We are presently in legal proceedings to cover the deposit paid and have had absolutely no assistance from the company whatsoever in trying to recuperate our losses. Avoid Sirenis Premium Travel at all costs.

Not quite sure why you would expect any assistance??

But a useful warning not to be gullible
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    It might just be me but I can't see why people fall for these scams.

Do they leave their brains at the airport?
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • 814man
    814man Posts: 403 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the Grand Sirenis and have stayed there a few times. You fell for the old rebadged timeshare scam which can be seen at almost every major hotel around the world. Any losses you incur are entirely down to you and some poor decision making I'm afraid. Useful reminder though for those that may need it.
  • creased-leach
    creased-leach Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    Options
    We came back from there a few days ago. Being forewarned (via internet research) of the timeshare sales pitch we politely declined to attend the 'special gift breakfast'. There was a little persuasion but we stood firm and it wasn't mentioned again. We spoke to several people who had attended, but didn't feel they'd been subjected to a hard sell.
    Sorry to hear you've been stung op.
    I think people have to be acutely aware they're in Mexico...things are very different.
    Only dead fish go with the flow...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport