We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

debt help please

Options
14567810»

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,171 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 May 2015 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Ok,

Two questions, how old are the creditcard accounts, when where they opened, what year ?

Are your unsecured debts just made up of creditcard debt ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • desperado88
    desperado88 Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Ok,

Two questions, how old are the creditcard accounts, when where they opened, what year ?

Are your unsecured debts just made up of creditcard debt ?

They all all quite old ie ten years or over and yes it is just credit cards.
  • runforlife
    runforlife Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's appalling behaviour from the advisor. You seem to be stronger now than ever before so why not approach things yourself? You could give yourself some breathing space by offering token payments for a month or two. I think you'll be surprised at how good a response you will get from your creditors. By the way if you haven't done so yet open a new basic bank account that has no association with any of your creditors and get your salary and other income paid into that. All the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport