Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 18th Mar 15, 2:43 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    MSE News: Budget 2015: Fuel duty to remain frozen - how to cut costs further
    • 18th Mar 15, 2:43 PM
    MSE News: Budget 2015: Fuel duty to remain frozen - how to cut costs further 18th Mar 15 at 2:43 PM
    Chancellor George Osborne today announced that the planned September fuel duty rise will be cancelled...

Read the full story:

Budget 2015: Fuel duty to remain frozen - how to cut costs further'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • OddballJamie
    • By OddballJamie 18th Mar 15, 2:58 PM
    • 2,589 Posts
    • 1,321 Thanks
    OddballJamie
    • 18th Mar 15, 2:58 PM
    • 18th Mar 15, 2:58 PM
    I think we all know by now not to drive around with a boot full of bricks and flat tyres.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 18th Mar 15, 3:03 PM
    • 5,919 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    • 18th Mar 15, 3:03 PM
    • 18th Mar 15, 3:03 PM
    "It's possible to drive down costs further
    The easiest way to find the cheapest forecourt in your area for petrol, diesel, LPG and more is by comparing prices at free website PetrolPrices.com.
    After registering, enter your postcode and tell it how far you're willing to travel (2, 5, 10, 15 or 20 miles) and it'll list today's cheapest petrol stations in your area for unleaded, diesel, LPG and other fuels. A quick check before you need to fill up should be enough to save you serious cash.
    According to the latest figures from Petrolprices.com, the average UK price for diesel was 118.26p/litre on Tuesday, while the cost of unleaded petrol stood at 112p/litre. "

yup signed up there once , so much spam I gave up.

regardless of that "average price is " , petrol is available at 3 stations near me at £1.08

I have no intention of travelling 10-20 miles to save 0.whatever on a litre.
    • VT82
    • By VT82 18th Mar 15, 3:36 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 897 Thanks
    VT82
    • 18th Mar 15, 3:36 PM
    • 18th Mar 15, 3:36 PM
    Am I right in thinking that during the period of the last Labour Government, when petrol prices were sky high, the Tories were saying there should be a fuel duty equaliser, such that duty automatically goes down when prices go up, but duty goes up when prices go down. But now prices are down, they are freezing the duty anyway?
    Rather dubious electioneering I feel. And I'm Tory through and through

My memory is foggy on this, but I'm sure I'm not going insane!
    • scotsbob
    • By scotsbob 18th Mar 15, 8:38 PM
    • 4,461 Posts
    • 6,958 Thanks
    scotsbob
    • 18th Mar 15, 8:38 PM
    • 18th Mar 15, 8:38 PM
    Am I right in thinking that during the period of the last Labour Government, when petrol prices were sky high, the Tories were saying there should be a fuel duty equaliser, such that duty automatically goes down when prices go up, but duty goes up when prices go down. But now prices are down, they are freezing the duty anyway?
    Rather dubious electioneering I feel. And I'm Tory through and through

My memory is foggy on this, but I'm sure I'm not going insane!
    Originally posted by VT82

You are quite correct but that's politics!

Labour are currently arguing for an oil fund yet rejected this as a bad idea when they were in government.

Political parties in opposition frequently offer "advice" to the government, usually to grab headlines and score debating points.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,533Posts Today

6,842Users online

Martin's Twitter