Getting rid of my timeshare

Options
2»

Comments

• phall12
    Options
    Does anyone have some advice on how to get rid of a timeshare that is in Florida. One week every two years at Wet'n'Wild. Had it for a few years but do not have the funds to be able to use it anymore and the company who I pay do not care about having it back. Any help would be appreciated?
  • Ironman2005
    Ironman2005 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    It seems that someone at this organisation can help me get out of my timeshare through a solicitor.

I apparently pay NO MONEY until I have confirmation that I am out and the fees are not totally unreasonable provided I actually can get out of this.

Has anyone heard of such a thing before?

If it is a scam then how does it work if I have no money to pay until I am out?
  • Tpularryd
    Options
    The week based programs are harder to try to get some one to take over but there are company's out there willing to get you out of your program such as timeshare advocates or pigeon forge in those companies you will have to pay a fee to get out of them do to the fact the week base moduale system is considered obsolete but if they are points based resorts the point package and location will allocate in the purchase or transfer of the property.
  • newclose
    Options
    There are so many companies out there offering to eliminate your timeshare ownership. Who do you trust? Has anyone successfully got out of ownership? If so who was the agent and what did it cost? It seems that there are now many rogues jumping on the band waggon!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 August 2014 at 9:31PM
    Options
    It seems that someone at this organisation can help me get out of my timeshare through a solicitor.

I apparently pay NO MONEY until I have confirmation that I am out and the fees are not totally unreasonable provided I actually can get out of this.

Has anyone heard of such a thing before?

If it is a scam then how does it work if I have no money to pay until I am out?

What do tatoc say ?

Here's the list of companies that follow the tatoc code of ethics. Ring up the others and ask lots of questions.

http://www.tatoc.co.uk/consumer-help/consumer-guides/103-rdo-approved-resale-companies-14

Please note: We advise timeshare owners not to send off originals of their ownership certificate or transfer documents prior to an agreed sale. If proof of ownership is required photocopies should be adequate in advance of a sale. To learn more about TATOC Consumer Helpline visit https://www.tatocconsumerhelpline.eu
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure