PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Abundance of peppers

Can anybody tell me how long I should roast vegetables for?

Ive only ever used peppers in casseroles and stir frys etc.

Ive got an abundance of various coloured peppers and some feta cheese and thought id oven roast them with some mushrooms and onion and add feta cubes but not sure how long to do them for?
Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Depends on quite what you're cooking but there's a nice recipe similar to what you have in mind (well it is if you swap the meat for feta :))...

Here
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I usually cut into quaters, lightly oil and roast at top heat for about 30-40mins or until they are just beginning to char. Peppers are great in tossed salads and savoury rice dishes. I even eat them like you would an apple.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    I do as MATH does ...

... but you can also make stuffed peppers :drool: Basically, slice off the top, scoop out the seeds and fill with a rice or breadcrumb mix of your choice. D-Lish!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • mmmmmmmm some good ideas there and thanks to you all!!
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My friend introduced me to roasted vegetables, she does them for 20 minutes.
    We had them last Sunday, and I used onions, garlic, courgettes, peppers (did I put carrots in this time? ... oh well, if not then I do sometimes)
    Drizzle over some olive oil, season well with lots of black pepper, some salt, & italian seasoning (or just basil if I've run out)
    20 minutes in the top of the oven. Yummy!
  • Kippsy
    Kippsy Posts: 259 Forumite
    Queenie...

Have you posted any stuffed pepper recipes? Or does anyone know any good ones? Am off home in a mo and I will do a search later!
    oooh look only about 220 posts and I got round to doing my Avatar already!!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    There's nothing in our Index that says it's stuffed peppers. A google on

"stuffed pepper"+recipe

exactly as written brings up a few choices :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • idiot_3
    idiot_3 Posts: 136 Forumite
    roasted vegetables are lovely, specially if you drizzle oil, garlic and mixed herbs on prior to cooking. a sweet potato in mixed veg is really good too.

as for the peppers, why not suff them with simply cubed bacon and grated cheese. (you should prob cook the bacon first), then stuff them, pop the top back on and roast them in the oven.

alternatively marinade a chicken breast in cajun spices and a little oil. cook it off, slice thinly and put with peppers and sour cream in a sandwich.

ideally accompaniment for any food is :beer:

(i'm getting hungry now!)
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hells bells lol what a boring food life I seem to lead!! Id like to come to some of your houses for tea!! Think I need to get out of my food rut. Seem to have same things for tea every week. My excuse is I work about 30 hours a week and often if I try something new and it doesnt turn out well it discourages me from trying any more but you lot have given me some more inspiration.....cheers! :beer:
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    With the red ones I deseed them and cut them into quarters. Boil for 10 mins and then blitz up with garlic cloves to suit personal taste, lemon juice, S& P and oil if required and serve as a pasta sauce. I've also recently added a recipe for pasta and peppers to the recipes thread
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure