Advert in local paper

Options
2»

Comments

• penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have had a few people who have had their advertisments withheld because of their work/situation - including a vicar who thought people may stop their charitable donations to the church fund if they knew he was bankrupt. We have also had a few where their adverts have been placed but their address withheld so you could ask for this as well.

Hope it goes well for you x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    I know how you feel. To be honest, it is my main worry about being bankrupt! I know some people may think that it should be the least of my worries, but it is. Where I work everyone is pretty successful and I dont really want anyone to know, especially as I wil still be left with about £12,000 student debt to go!

I will defeintly be putting in a request for it not to be advertised, as we only have a weekly local paper, and pretty much everyone I know reads it, though my family and close friends already know I intend to go BR, is only work that worries me, and I intend to start my teacher training next year, and places are hard enough to come by already, I wouldnt wanted anyone interviewing me to recognise the name and not put me forward for the job because of it.
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where I work everyone is pretty successful
    Are they? .... maybe they're next.
    You might find them coming up to you quietly and asking for help/advice as they're in it deeper than you!
  • wherediditallgo
    Options
    I didn't tell anyone I was going BR & even all these months on, I've only told one person (a relative). However, a nosey person who knows me through someone else saw the advert & made a point of mentioning it to me - I gave her a swift reminder of her own family's problems & she went off with her tail between her legs. Apart from her, I'm not aware of anyone else having seen it - I didn't even see it myself.
    Are they? .... maybe they're next.
    You might find them coming up to you quietly and asking for help/advice as they're in it deeper than you!
    You're so right. A friend asked me for debt advice a couple of weeks ago. She doesn't know I'm BR, but I did tell her ages ago that I was going to "restructure my portfolio to consolidate my savings", which is a nicer way of putting it. :D Anyway, she's now got the details of organisations to contact & how to sort out her budget & her repayments. :)
  • gratton20
    Options
    To be honest I felt it was unimportant, I have been through so much grief with worry about debt, having to explain to judges and OR's that a bit of anosy sod locally reading about in the paper is very small beer to me. I dont know what paper it will go in, or has been in, I live in a small village, everyone knows everyones business and there are a few nosey sods BUT at least any local villans will know I dont have anything worth stealing and if anyone mentions it I shall tell them to foxtrot oscar. I am debt free, I have a huge burden lifted from me and so i dont care. (Of course everyone will feel differently)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure