IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

McDonalds Parking Ticket, what to do?

trinidadone
trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 3 August 2013 at 4:27PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello All,

I have just received a Parking Chrage Notice from Met Parking Services. It states on 26th July 2013, I entered a McDonolds on 26th July 2013 at 19:39 and left at 21:29. The ticket states There is "The signage is clearly displayed in prominent places throughout the carpark, stating the max time limit is 90 minutes"

The reason for my attendance at the food outlet is because my boss asked me to meet with him after work, and bought a meal. The meeting related to my employment.

Any ideas what I should do?
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Comments

• Go to McD's, insist on seeing the manager (the proper manager, not the spotty teenager pretending to be so) and demand he cancels the ticket, as you were a genuine customer who will cease to become one if they don't (and who'll be telling everyone else to boycott the establishment).
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    You could always send a half eaten old McBurger in an envelope to the PPC as proof that you are a customer as well !

But seriously, check with the Council planning department to see that they do have planning authority for a 90 minute limit. They have been known to change limits without planning consent.

This PCN - does it say "Notice to Keeper" and waffle on about POFA2012 and your requirement to tell them who was driving?

And the signage - are you able to confirm that there was signage at all entrances to the McDonald's parking area that informed you of the t&c of entering?
  • trinidadone
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    You could always send a half eaten old McBurger in an envelope to the PPC as proof that you are a customer as well !

But seriously, check with the Council planning department to see that they do have planning authority for a 90 minute limit. They have been known to change limits without planning consent.

This PCN - does it say "Notice to Keeper" and waffle on about POFA2012 and your requirement to tell them who was driving?

And the signage - are you able to confirm that there was signage at all entrances to the McDonald's parking area that informed you of the t&c of entering?

yes, i am asked who was driving. there are also two pictures of my car
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    yes, i am asked who was driving. there are also two pictures of my car

"And the signage - are you able to confirm that there was signage at all entrances to the McDonald's parking area that informed you of the t&c of entering?"

That would be helpful.
  • trinidadone
    On monday, I went to Mcdonolds after work. I saw a worker leaving the resturant with a tie. I asked him if he was the manager. I informed hm about the ticket and told him the reason for my delay in the resturant was because there was a issue with the free wifi service in the store, and because my boss was sick. A shift manager was summoned. i informed him, and I was told little can be dont. I took his name, the branch managers name, and customer service number.

On tuesday I returned back tot he store, and spoke to the branch manager this time, i repeated my experiences which i told to the shift leader. After a little to and fro, the manager agreed to cancel the ticket, but warned me he would not cancel any other ones
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    On monday, I went to Mcdonolds after work. I saw a worker leaving the resturant with a tie. I asked him if he was the manager. I informed hm about the ticket and told him the reason for my delay in the resturant was because there was a issue with the free wifi service in the store, and because my boss was sick. A shift manager was summoned. i informed him, and I was told little can be dont. I took his name, the branch managers name, and customer service number.

On tuesday I returned back tot he store, and spoke to the branch manager this time, i repeated my experiences which i told to the shift leader. After a little to and fro, the manager agreed to cancel the ticket, but warned me he would not cancel any other ones

MET are the tame puppets of the PPC world, hardly ever do court, dont fret
  • trinidadone
    Dave_TH wrote: »
    MET are the tame puppets of the PPC world, hardly ever do court, dont fret

ok thanks dave, these so called invoices frighten the pants of people, especially the threat of court action and increase in fines. i am glad i got a positive outcome though. Not sure if I would be back to mcdonolds in a hurry, seems a good way to earn vast money
  • On tuesday I returned back tot he store, and spoke to the branch manager this time, i repeated my experiences which i told to the shift leader. After a little to and fro, the manager agreed to cancel the ticket, but warned me he would not cancel any other ones
    Did you ask him why he has the title of "manager" if he is not empowered to do anything? Oh yes, he works for McD who, like many other such outlets, centralises all power, and leaves the manager with no real control.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary

Well done!

First one I have seen where McD's actually cancelled a fake PCN! :T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure