Shipping advice

Options
Can anyone advise me on shipping companies, costs etc. Item is a pair of heelys and I know absolutely nada when it comes to posting items.. should I use special delivery, first class mail? :confused: cheers for all help
_________

Comments

• richt71
    richt71 Posts: 946 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone advise me on shipping companies, costs etc. Item is a pair of heelys and I know absolutely nada when it comes to posting items.. should I use special delivery, first class mail? :confused: cheers for all help

Not sure what a paif of Heelys are but if it's not a heavy or bulky item I'd use signed for or special delivery from the post office. If it's too bulky or heavy to do this then there's loads of special courier agencies that are there particularly ebay. They usually use one of the main couriers (citylink/tnt etc) but you get a discount rate. The last one I used was parcel2go.co.uk but they screwed it up. First time after using them to sent about 9 parcels over the last year.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,339 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Standard delivery including recorded delivery only covers up to £32 and I'm assuming these are worth more than that . Therefore they must go either special delivery, or parcels with a correct insurance supplement paid for or as richt71 says use a courier.

It is always worth remembering that parcel post is not tracked, so won't stop a paypal chargeback but it will be insured against loss which means you can refund and reclaim later from the RM.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • guerillasaver
    Options
    Thanks for replying, Heelys are a pair of runners with wheels in the heels and their suprisingly heavy although I don't have a scales...... They're mainly for kids but if you've got small feet I'll sell you mine :)
    They are worth circa £50 quid so I guess I'll send them special delivery. Now just to pop em on ebay wahay! Cheers again.
    _________
  • Nathaniel_Jhirad
    Options
    What is the best (cheapest of course) way to send a consignment of 15 tshirts to USA for an individual?
  • frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Cheapest is not necessarily the best!
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • funkyfunkymonkey
    Options
    Thanks for replying, Heelys are a pair of runners with wheels in the heels and their suprisingly heavy although I don't have a scales...... They're mainly for kids but if you've got small feet I'll sell you mine :)
    They are worth circa £50 quid so I guess I'll send them special delivery. Now just to pop em on ebay wahay! Cheers again.

You may want to consider Payperdrop on Ebay - it is a next day/2 day courier service for 30kg £5.99 - probably cheaper than Royal Mail and insurance up to £100. They use DHL in my area, I've not had any problems with them.

FFM:)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure