Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 13th Sep 11, 9:30 AM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Energy price hikes help inflation climb
    • 13th Sep 11, 9:30 AM
    MSE News: Energy price hikes help inflation climb 13th Sep 11 at 9:30 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The rate of inflation continued to rise last month, as utility bill hikes hit a two-year high and clothing costs soared ..."

Page 1
    • cepheus
    • By cepheus 13th Sep 11, 2:01 PM
    • 19,216 Posts
    • 20,338 Thanks
    cepheus
    • 13th Sep 11, 2:01 PM
    • 13th Sep 11, 2:01 PM
    It seems the only people who gain from this are the reckless types who have borrowed up to the hilt, what does this say about the moral of money saving? Perhaps if bank accounts had to disclose the true interest rate, there would be an outcry. 'Your current account interest rate is minus 5.2%, this means that 1000 saved in this account will be worth 950 a year from now in real terms'

For savers, thank God for Index Linked National savings Certificates
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 13th Sep 11, 3:14 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 2,610 Thanks
    Consumerist
    • 13th Sep 11, 3:14 PM
    • 13th Sep 11, 3:14 PM
    For savers, thank God for Index Linked National savings Certificates
    Originally posted by cepheus
    Sadly gone and will have been missed by many. R.I.P.

Does anyone else get the feeling NS&I knew something about this month's inflation which we didn't ?
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • oldvicar
    • By oldvicar 14th Sep 11, 2:23 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    oldvicar
    • 14th Sep 11, 2:23 PM
    • 14th Sep 11, 2:23 PM
    Everybody could see from the Bank of England's latest reports that all the pundits were predicting a rise in inflation. Even without this everyone knew energy and clothing prices were going up. I don't think NS&I needed, nor had, any insider knowledge.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,571Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin