We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What do you sell on eBay?

Options
Just curious! Since moving out of home, eBay has been a little bit of a source of income for us... only the postage has been a pain when I've weighed things wrong. We made a mint by selling Mr.Kitty's old t-shirts and a lot of my old dresses...

I think the best thing I've ever sold is my GCSE English Book for £12... which I had colour highlighted and annotated throughout. I got an A* & the girl who bought it off me got an A in her exam!
Now I am employed, lets get rid of this student debt! :D:D

Comments

• Emma_N
    Emma_N Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I mainly sell used tennis balls...

I'm a member of a tennis club and help with the grounds. You would be amazed how many tennis balls I find lying around. Every Sunday afternoon I have a good hunt around the grounds and pick up between 20-40 balls (it depends on the time of year, weather etc). I guess it's a good profit as I only have to pay eBay fees, the balls are free!

I also sell items of clothes that I no longer want/fit me. As I'm tall I tend to wear a lot of Long Tall Sally clothes which always sells well on eBay. I've also done quite well selling my old hydrology books.
    Attempting to make £2021 in 2021
  • Kitty_Ears
    Kitty_Ears Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    Emma_N wrote: »
    I mainly sell used tennis balls...

I'm a member of a tennis club and help with the grounds. You would be amazed how many tennis balls I find lying around. Every Sunday afternoon I have a good hunt around the grounds and pick up between 20-40 balls (it depends on the time of year, weather etc). I guess it's a good profit as I only have to pay eBay fees, the balls are free!

I also sell items of clothes that I no longer want/fit me. As I'm tall I tend to wear a lot of Long Tall Sally clothes which always sells well on eBay. I've also done quite well selling my old hydrology books.

That's incredible about the tennis balls! Good work!

Yes, I've found clothes either for the tall lady or plus size lady sells well. I'm a 14-16 and my clothes *always* sell.
  • zoesmummy_2006
    Options
    at the minute im selling my daughters school uniform that she's outgrown, some of her and my sons toys (its sons birthday next weekend so im clearing out before then lol), clothes i no longer wear, clothes/shoes the kids have outgrown. we've just moved so my new philosophy is that if we've not unpacked it yet (been 2 months) then we dont need it so im selling it!!!!
  • Kitty_Ears
    Kitty_Ears Posts: 224 Forumite
    Options
    Mr.Kitty put the rule on for me, any new dresses... an old one must go. Boo!
  • Grantus86
    Grantus86 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I only joined the eBay phenomenon this year. I decided to flog all my DVD's, i had around 180+ and I'm now down to 40! I also lost a bit of weight recently so have listed a load of clothes that are too big for me now. Other bits i've sold is my xbox, my ipad and some Alan Carr tickets.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #1390 Pot 1 £2.65 Pot 2 £16.00
    Smoke Free Since 19/08/11
    Total Debt (Start/Current):
    £3,749.73p/£3,301.26p
  • DirtPoorGuy
    Options
    I sell self sealing stem bolts. ;-)
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    Mostly buy and sell handbags. It's like an addiction for me.
  • Harry_Flashman
    Options
    Anything and everything I think might sell.

I'm still in the process of clearing out things I no longer want - sometimes they take months to sell, but it's all profit so I don't really care :)
  • kriss_boy
    kriss_boy Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Used to sell lighters, then t-shirts, then guitars (sold about 200 of them at a grand each), now I just buy and sell general rubbish like dvds, clothes etc.
  • Fallen8905
    Options
    I just sell general things i no longer use.

Like a bicycle and a karaoke machine!

Just got to wait to see how much i get.
    £844/£22,774.31 debt to pay :eek:
    £21,930.31 left to pay!:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts