Shoppers Discount and Rewards scam still active

Options
I made an online purchase recently with E Spares and found that they had shared my debit card details with Shoppers Discounts and Rewards who then took £10 from my bank account. I have tried to email them at the email address on their web site and it is undeliverable. I tried phoning but the automated number would not let me proceed without my debit card details which I was not prepared to give or my membership number apparently to be found on an email they sent me. Unfortunately I deleted any emails from them as scam. I have noticed that there are dozens of other complaints about this scam on this site. Surely this cannot be legal sharing debit card details without the owners permission. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Demanding a FULL REFUND is easy, and rest assured they will pay it BY LAW, simply be sure to demand a FULL REFUND reminding them you never willingly signed up to this scam.

It only takes two steps:

1-A phone call (2-3minute), confirm your email, name and address (and you'd like all your money back, as you didn't know that you signed up to this scam).

2-Posting of the claim form. (which they email to you as a result of the phone call):

Note: Your cancellation ref number is in the email they send with the claim form.

Shopper Discounts & Rewards contact details:

Email: [EMAIL="customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk"]customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Mail: Shopper Discounts & Rewards
    P.O. Box 450
    Sevenoaks, Kent,
    TN13 9HN
    Phone: Customer Service
    0808 234 1539 Mon-Fri

Do not settle for anything less or allow them to fob you off.!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

You will find a huge thread about this already exists, with details on how to get a FULL REFUND here; http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=819869
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Netts-Netts
    Options
    I have had two charges of ten pounds taken from my credit card, June and July 2010.
    I called the credit card and they gave me the number 0808 234 1539. I had to enter my credit card details to speak to them which I did. A helpful assistant said that he would refund my twently pounds in full.
    Apparently my details was obtained when I made a purchase through INTERFLORA.
    The scam is when you have made your purchase you are offered a discount voucher off of your next purchase which I said that I would like. I have not used the voucher but my credit card details were passed to Shoppers Discount where they are taking ten pounds a months from me without my permission.
    The assistant Warren said that I would have had to have entered my credit card details manually on their web site which I deny.
    What I think happened is that I might have entered the credit card again to get the discount voucher next time that I MIGHT make a purchase from Interflora however it was masked that my credit card details were being passed to a third party and no where was it documented that I would pay a monthly fee.
    I asked if there is a list of companies that they have this arrangement with as I will avoid them however apparently the signal (and when alarm bells should ring) is when you sign up to any discount vouchers.
    I wrote to SD and copied in a contact that I have at Trading Standards, I informed Warren that I have reported them.
    This is a huge scam, I just hope that my credit card detaile is not now passed on further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure