Timeshare

Options
2»

Comments

• mobby-2554
    mobby-2554 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    Most people I meet who own timeshare are happy with it, enjoying all the benefits of ownership. Those who don't tend to have either been missold, or their circumstances have changed and can no longer afford it.

The value of Timeshare is in buying EXACTLY where you want at a price you are happy with.

I am very happy with my timeshare, high season in August school holidays.
    As I 've said I go every year so had my moneys worth out of it but I bought a resale!

Anyone buying a Newly built timeshare now will lose more than half of the price they paid if they decide to sell.

For the cost of maintenance fees now you could rent a Villa!

I met a couple who signed up for a a New timeshare, when they got home they decided they'd made a mistake. When they tried to phone to cancel they could not get through to anyone to cancel within the deadline. They tried to opt out using a solicitor but he told them they where to late & there was nothing he could do!

Look on Ebay people can't give them away!
  • silverhairgranny
    Options
    hi
    dont touch it with a barge pole. extras, extras extras
    jatbaws wrote: »
    Wondering if anybody can give me any help about one of these been on 2 presetations and they sound to good to be true in Orlando theywere £9000 for 2weeks for the rest of your life.
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    Could certainly be your worst nightmare being 'left' a Timeshare. Who needs friends like that ?!!!!!!

If the 'timeshare' is left/given in a will . what is the problem.

If the recipient declines to except it , would this not be the end of the legal
    contract . Cant see how the 'sharks ' could get the money in following years .
    The estate would have been wound up??
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2009 at 11:17PM
    Options
    wallbash wrote: »
    If the 'timeshare' is left/given in a will . what is the problem.

If the recipient declines to except it , would this not be the end of the legal
    contract . Cant see how the 'sharks ' could get the money in following years .
    The estate would have been wound up??

No.

In a worst case scenario the estate remains liable for the maintenance fees and therefore cannot be wound up
  • costapkt
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    No.

In a worst case scenario the estate remains liable for the maintenance fees and therefore cannot be wound up

Totally agree. Have seen a post where this has happened. A valuation could not be put on the Timeshare, so everything was left in limbo. Also some scemes are transfered to next of kin whether they want them or not. Then they are left with the problem.:eek:
  • gggareth
    Options
    jatbaws wrote: »
    Wondering if anybody can give me any help about one of these been on 2 presetations and they sound to good to be true in Orlando theywere £9000 for 2weeks for the rest of your life.

Old adage in life if it sounds to good to be true then it is....:p

No such thing as a free lunch
  • costapkt
    Options
    Where has OP gone ? Not on their 'free' holiday I hope.
    We are waiting for your feedback. Yes or No ?
  • mobby-2554
    mobby-2554 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Options
    costapkt wrote: »
    Where has OP gone ? Not on their 'free' holiday I hope.
    We are waiting for your feedback. Yes or No ?

It's got to be No!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport