We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 4 (and chat)

Options

Comments

• Coupon_Tilly
    Coupon_Tilly Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    m4rtin wrote: »
    LOL I read it completely different, now got visions of hoards of 100 year old grannies with zimmer frames chasing mad asking if he wants it with teeth in or out!! :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:eek:REALLY M4RTIN!! I am in shock:eek: I will have you know young man I am only 42, with good legs, no zimmer frame:j and my very own teeth!:T
    I must also state I am one of the "WONDERFULL MAD'S BIGGEST FANS"

You are a very naughty boy and I will not forget your comments young man:rolleyes:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    veggiecar wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by veggiecar viewpost.gif
    OK folks, you may need to sit down for this one..........
    for anyone who is newish to this thread, they may not be aware of a fair amount of disagreement Quentin normally has with a number of the rest of us, and has been well documented for anyone who wants to go back to the previous threads for the details....

He believes (and Birmingham Dave will be along to back him up in a second:p) that anyone is justified in "ripping Tesco off" (my words, not his!;)) with any old coupon as long as it scans, whether Tesco can get their money back or not.

Veggiecar - I've NEVER said that or backed anyone up who has said that.

Get your facts right.
    Many apologies that you mis-read my post BD, I didn't say you said ANYTHING, merely that you would be along to back up Quentin, which you appear (to me) to do each time.

Hey presto....next time I'll go for a rabbit out of a hat:rotfl:

You had a little tag team going at the end of March, with a resulting threat of closure of the thread.

In case anyone else, mis-reads it in the same way, I have amended the original post.

As I said last time you came on to join us

"Nice to have you back bham-dave.;)"

I'm a nice guy really...... my mother loved me;)

Edit :
    As this is a public forum and since this is obviously not going anywhere...apart from potentially irritating a number of other people...I will happily respond to PM's on this, but will not carry this further in the thread.
    Happy Couponning.....I am remaining mellow, and refuse to be wound up
    Veggiecar - I've absolutely no interest in PMing you about this.

Your use of :rotfl:and ;) smilies reveals your level of sincerity - why would I want to privately correspond with you?

I was catching up on the thread and saw my name mentioned connected with somethng I've never said or backed up anyone else for saying.

I'll back anyone up if I agree with them - quite a few times I've backed up Quentin - not every time he posts.

As I said - get your facts right.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You suggest that I and another come here with some agenda to get your thread closed. Absolute nonsense.
    I think the coupon police have a far greater chance of getting this thread closed!
  • madmuppet5
    madmuppet5 Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Options
    Mel2500 wrote: »
    Gosh what a lot of lovely chat - it's taken me all morning to catch up. Sadly my computer died and we've had to install a new hard drive. Ha ha I thought - the good news is that I'll be able to print all the coupons again. Sadly not - it won't let me re-install Couponnet as it says 'operating system unsupported'. It's only Windows: does anyone have any clues? Much appreciated if so; have got to try & offset the cost of the new hard drive!! Ah well, back down the garden to my veggie patch - my other 'reduce grocery bills initiative'. Thanks to all for the coupons and the chat.

What system you running?
    BTW aint seen babyj3 since she was going to upgrade :eek:
    AKA; Mad, MM, MM5, Madicles :cool: ©
    Shin: Device for finding furniture in the dark :p©
    Elite 11+ fundraising total for Make-a-Wish £682 :j:A
  • m4rtin
    m4rtin Posts: 3,185 Forumite
    Options
    Mel2500 wrote: »
    Gosh what a lot of lovely chat - it's taken me all morning to catch up. Sadly my computer died and we've had to install a new hard drive. Ha ha I thought - the good news is that I'll be able to print all the coupons again. Sadly not - it won't let me re-install Couponnet as it says 'operating system unsupported'. It's only Windows: does anyone have any clues? Much appreciated if so; have got to try & offset the cost of the new hard drive!! Ah well, back down the garden to my veggie patch - my other 'reduce grocery bills initiative'. Thanks to all for the coupons and the chat.
    My OH had this on her laptop after an MS 'update' (Sorry don't know which one) but kept saying unsupported system etc (XP!) IE started playing up as well as lots of things, I said to try Firefox 3 and she can now print via couponnet as well as view other things that she couldn't after the update with IE..... She hasn't tried IE since cos I've swayed her to the darkside of FF!! :rotfl:
    :p:p Have a good [STRIKE]Tesc[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Asd[/STRIKE]WHO? day - Err....I still wish Mozzies had a better website even though they are now on MyS! :p:p :rotfl:;)
  • babyj3
    babyj3 Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    tescoisace wrote: »
    if this is not abusing the coupon policy then i don't know what is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a sure fire way to alert any store to "re - think"coupon use ...........im sure this is a wind up!!

yeah right..................sorry, just had to duck to miss the flying pig:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    my T used to allow customers to split shopping and return to the store 3/4 times after loading up their car to shop and use coupons again but then they stopped that and then they brought in 5 coupons only and now it is like for like i.e. toiletries for toiletries and food for food and they are getting more and more coupon unfriendly with the staff checking each very carefully and even some putting their fingers over bar codes just to be difficult and refuse acceptance and they will not take coupopns from mags or paper either unless you buy the product due to coupon abuse - all T's will tighten up eventually as I have been told that they are losing money by not selling enough product to cover the coupon reclaim
    I am not a beige person:D
  • Marmiteforbreakfast
    Options
    tescoisace wrote: »
    hi veggiecar,

common items yes, more sales, but to keep giving lots of the not so common item coupon in, is where the manufacturer steps in..........not the stores.

I heard that Tesco don't sort the coupons themselves, they are sent of to Poland for sorting.

So the stores that take huge amounts of coupons can do so at the expense of the stores that refuse all coupons.
  • _sleepless_
    _sleepless_ Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let everyone know that my times coupons scanned fine today at Tesco - it's a good job i didn't go offering them away! Must have been a cashier error after all whoops...sorry!

Happy couponing

sleepless
    *1 A DAY on Ebay*
    Jan 31/31 :D PLUS 24 EXTRA= 55 :dance:
    Feb 29/29 PLUS 21 EXTRA = 50 :)
    March 11/31 PLUS 2 EXTRA = 13 :cool:
    £365 in 366 days = 91/366 :)
  • gill377
    gill377 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    tescos cant be losing that much from the coupons,or maybe if they are they would have made another £3.1 billion profit, I think they can "stand" us the pittance we save,
    Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one.

never complain about growing old,far too many people have been denied that privilege.

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 2 May 2009 at 6:32PM
    Options
    Sent a lovely email to Kingsmill about a week ago and the very nice people there sent me 2 x £1 off their products. Result! :j
    I went into my local T's today and the very very very nice SA took all my coupons so I only paid 62p - £17.46 off.
    It really pays to persevere, I don't care how many times I say this as yesterday, they only took 7 off me (£11.62 though!).
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family