seasonsholidays- did I win?

Options

Comments

• ripongrammargirl
    Options
    OMG go away , you are on every thread about seasons ,, IT IS A SCAM !!!!!!!!!

It is not a scam-and yes I am also on most threads about Seasons to try and make people like you see sense. You also seem to have a comment on every thread about Seasons so, OMG(!!!!) go away!
  • Sezz_2
    Sezz_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I 'won' this month too and as soon as I started talking to the company on the phone, I realised it was a time-share.

However, I was offered a 50% discount on the maintenance fee so would only have to pay £195. Bearing in mind, as mentioned above, that accommodation in the likes of Bath, Lake District and Cornwall can be astronomical for many months of the year, I thought that £195 for a week's holiday for two in the UK is actually pretty good.

I quizzed the guy on the phone pretty hard. He said I could cancel membership at any time, I was not tied in, and there would be no additional fees at all to pay once I had arrived at the property eg, electricity meter. I asked for this in writing once I had 'signed up' which he agreed to. (I haven't signed up yet).

Sure, they're trying to get business but I'm pretty sure it's not a scam.
  • ripongrammargirl
    Options
    Finally, somebody with some sense. Go for it and sign up-think of all the money you will save over the years.
  • Cheeky_Chicken
    Options
    Finally, somebody with some sense. Go for it and sign up-think of all the money you will save over the years.
    Nobody is saying the time share itself is a scam - perhaps as far as time share companies go this one is OK :confused:

What we are saying is that the patently misleading marketing strategy of sending a letter to hundreds/thousands of people stating they have won a prize with no mention of the annual fee is a scam. If the letter stated 'we have obtained your email address from another company who sell tham on, & wondered if we could interest you in timeshare for an annual fee, please call this number....' do you think they would get as many calls? No? ;)
    Al Mac Appreciation Society (AMAS) member # 6½
    This Will Be Mine 2009 Member #5 I just want to win a new iPod please
    Member of the missing kipper club
  • ripongrammargirl
    Options
    Nobody is saying the time share itself is a scam - perhaps as far as time share companies go this one is OK :confused:

What we are saying is that the patently misleading marketing strategy of sending a letter to hundreds/thousands of people stating they have won a prize with no mention of the annual fee is a scam. If the letter stated 'we have obtained your email address from another company who sell tham on, & wondered if we could interest you in timeshare for an annual fee, please call this number....' do you think they would get as many calls? No? ;)

Yes I somewhat agree with you. But they do tell you when you ring about the yearly fees before you sign up the number to ring is a freephone number and there is a real prize to the value of £3750.

Normally this company invite people to a 2 hour sales pitch at one of their resorts in the UK. Rather than give away the membership they offer you a free week at any of their resorts either in the UK or Europe just for spending the 2 hours, this is true even if you don't sign up.

The cost if you did sign up would be £3750 plus the annual fee. So you see to WIN the membership fee is a real prize.

We and other people we know visit these places and fullfil the requirements of the 2 hour presentation just to get free holidays - I can't afford to buy another time-share as I already own one in America so there no risk.
  • nikkit72
    nikkit72 Posts: 2,458 Forumite
    Options
    lol this is so much a scam .. read reviews
    here :
    http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/Timeshare-&-Holiday-Clubs-Seasons-Holiday-Club-discounted-flights-Thread-2414.html
    here :
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/holiday-companies/159567-www-seasonsholidays-com-anyone.html
    here :
    http://forum.holidaywatchdog.com/UK-Seasons-Holidays-Thread-10667.html

omg if u want to give ur oney away ,, then do it , im gald u have money to through away ,, some where else on here someone tells there story about , seasons telling them thye could cancel with no yties etc ,, and now are being taken to court for fees the havent paid for last 2 years or something like that and also not being able to get any weeks for there holidays , seasons just kept blabbing them off ,, so never had a holiday with them even though paying them the fees,,, oh well u only learn by your own mistakes.

and also a free phone number ,, the amount of letters they send out must be more than the weeks of holidays they have every year ,,think about it
    Dont forget that little Thanks button , only takes a sec
  • Muffy0
    Muffy0 Posts: 4,387 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't listen to ripongrammargirl - the whole "competition win" thing is a scam. I would hate to see someone who is maybe a bit vunerable or just doesn't know any better to lose money on this scheme.
    I wonder if she has anything to do with Seasons?

• bathgatebuyer
    Options
    I had a call today from either Select or Seasons (tbh when I heard the 'You entered a competition on Pigsback...............you're in the finals of our prize draw.......Oh aye:rolleyes:).

I guarantee I get a call telling me I'm a winner tomorrow! A sure as eggs is eggs......
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • NetV
    NetV Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Muffy0 wrote: »
    Please don't listen to ripongrammargirl - the whole "competition win" thing is a scam. I would hate to see someone who is maybe a bit vunerable or just doesn't know any better to lose money on this scheme.
    I wonder if she has anything to do with Seasons?

I can assure you that neither me or RiponGrammarGirl have anything to do with Seasons

We do own a time-share (in America) and therefore can say we have a fully informed judgement on the matter of time-share. We have tried to explain the principle of time-share - we have not tried to sell time-share to anyone we have not tried to push time-share for Seasons, we have simply tried to show you all where there is a value in what Seasons have offered you. We have tried to compare hotel holidays with what you would get from this offer.

We probably agree that for a 'competition wizard' like yourselves this may seem like a scam as far as having to pay for things into the future.

I'm not going to explain again in this post what we were trying to explain as far as saving money is concerned - but if you carefully read our posts again you will see where we were genuinely trying to save you some money by using this so called 'prize' from Seasons.

We will have to beg to differ on whether or not you would 'save money' by accepting Seasons prize as time-share is not for everyone, for example you need to use it every year for it to be of benefit.

for me I personally would like to conclude my argument here - SCAM? not really as a scam would take money from someone without giving them anything in return, I don't believe this is the case here with Seasons.
  • ripongrammargirl
    Options
    I had a call today from either Select or Seasons (tbh when I heard the 'You entered a competition on Pigsback...............you're in the finals of our prize draw.......Oh aye:rolleyes:).

I guarantee I get a call telling me I'm a winner tomorrow! A sure as eggs is eggs......
    A scam is definitely when someone takes money from you and gives absolutely nothing in return. This I notice is actually the case with yourself as i see you have re-claimed over £10,000. I guess this is in PPI that you discover with hindsight was mis-sold to you. That IS a scam as you paid for something and got nothing in return! Seasons timeshare membership win is NOT a scam as they are giving you something that others actually pay £3750 for!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure