seasonsholidays- did I win?

Options
Hi - after doing a competition here I was entered into a monthly draw. A letter was delivered yesterday by recorded delivery, saying that I had won a prize worth up to £3750- to claim the prize I have to phone on Monday after 12 noon - freephone 0800448448. It then goes on to say that if I accept the prize, then I collect it from Sandown Park Racecourse with a free champagne brunch thrown in! The letter was from seasonsholidays - Does anyone know anything about this, is this someone selling time share? :confused:

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    dont do it, its a scam type thing, if you go to the i won i won i won board and click on the sticky about scams it will be there, or do a google for 'clubseasons'
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • arealbasketcase
    Options
    I've won this too, and so has my husband, funny that ain't it? Sad thing is OH really thought he had won something, he can be sooooooooooo naive.:rolleyes:
    If anything I say starts to make sense, PANIC!
  • smartt21
    smartt21 Posts: 2,484 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry it's a timeshare scam, hope you win some really good "real" prizes soon. :D
    A-Z Challenge 2013
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Thanks to all who take the time & effort to post. You are all stars!!
    :A
  • Kevski_2
    Options
    vicky11 wrote: »
    Hi - after doing a competition here I was entered into a monthly draw. A letter was delivered yesterday by recorded delivery, saying that I had won a prize worth up to £3750- to claim the prize I have to phone on Monday after 12 noon - freephone 0800448448. It then goes on to say that if I accept the prize, then I collect it from Sandown Park Racecourse with a free champagne brunch thrown in! The letter was from seasonsholidays - Does anyone know anything about this, is this someone selling time share? :confused:
    Hi Vicky , I've got exactly the same offer. From visiting their sites it's clear that it's for timeshare and the prize appears to cover membership. It doesn't seem like a scam; more of a promotion. However, for a 3bed fully furnished stay in Britain, £400 + is required for 1 wks hol. I don't know if that's good or bad. See their web pages. seasonsholidays.com I have 5 days left to claim! It all seems genuine in a scammy sort of way. Good luck. from 'confused' of Yorkshire.........:rolleyes:
  • hayleyw1
    hayleyw1 Posts: 20,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    afraid not alot of us have had these
    R.I.P TO THE MOST AMAZING MAN PUT ON THIS EARTH! MY DAD XX 13/03/2010 love and miss you so much xxjan wins, uki goodies,necklace, case wkd, thomas goodies, sterilizer, 2 pairs boot, earings
  • losgiganteskid
    Options
    Did you notice that this outfit had a whole page colour advert in yesterdays Daily Mail.

It clearly is a con - my guess is that there will be no losers - everyone who "enters" will win a second prize.

In effect they are trying to shift timeshare weeks and as they have no re-sale value are giving them away but you have to pay the annual management fees (currently £367) as well as finding the funds to actually get to your winning destination !!.

The other interesting thing I noticed in their small print t's and c's as follows "......The membership weeks are transferrable, the LIFETIME of management fees are personal to the winner and are not transferrable" - cynically, this could mean you "win" but have to pay for the week you have "won" at £367 but even if you manage to offload the "win" to some other poor unsuspecting person, YOU may still be requires to pay the annual fees - up until 2069

The annual fees are compounded with inflation interest and are tied in until 2069 - so if you are paying annually now an amount of £367 for a week just imagine the amount you would be paying for the week in 2069 - even supposing you lived that long. Stay well clear
  • NetV
    NetV Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    OK I have posted more than once - something which I have noted seems to be accepted as not been connected to this company if you are to post positive things and I will defend Seasons here. The properties at Seasons Whitbarrow in the Lake District are expensive accomodation. At the height of summer costing around £500 - £600 per week for anyone off the street. Some of you critics just try booking a hotel in and around Penrith today. I looked and the cost was almost £1000 for a week for just 2 in an hotel room. At Seasons Whitbarrow the units are 2, 3 or 4 bedroom with full kitchens, the use of a Swimming pool and Gym, things which are not available at the hotels I saw. The idea behind this timeshare membership is you purchase a membership for 1 week at around £3750. As the property at your home resort needs maintaining there is an annual cost around £200. The membership can be cancelled at anytime you would of course loose your £3750 although I would see no reason why you couldn't sell it! Your home resort is not the only resort you can use there are 7 in the UK and 2 in Europe and Seasons are affiliated with Interval International. If you win one of these and want exceptional, better than hotel accomodation for £380 in the first year and £200 thereafter then go for it. After saying that as a member of Interval International I can purchase a week in March for £150 and in July at £600 for a 2 - 3 bedroom unit at Whitbarrow (UK Lake District) near Penrith.

The sums are simple to me, even at worst in the first year you will pay Seasons £380, a hotel for just 2 people in the same area off peak is £1000 try doing a search. Some people just don't kown when they are saving money do they? I suppose if you don't go on holiday or are not used to holidaying in quality surroundings or maybe you just go camping, this is not for you!!
  • nikkit72
    nikkit72 Posts: 2,458 Forumite
    Options
    NetV wrote: »
    OK I have posted more than once - something which I have noted seems to be accepted as not been connected to this company if you are to post positive things and I will defend Seasons here. The properties at Seasons Whitbarrow in the Lake District are expensive accomodation. At the height of summer costing around £500 - £600 per week for anyone off the street. Some of you critics just try booking a hotel in and around Penrith today. I looked and the cost was almost £1000 for a week for just 2 in an hotel room. At Seasons Whitbarrow the units are 2, 3 or 4 bedroom with full kitchens, the use of a Swimming pool and Gym, things which are not available at the hotels I saw. The idea behind this timeshare membership is you purchase a membership for 1 week at around £3750. As the property at your home resort needs maintaining there is an annual cost around £200. The membership can be cancelled at anytime you would of course loose your £3750 although I would see no reason why you couldn't sell it! Your home resort is not the only resort you can use there are 7 in the UK and 2 in Europe and Seasons are affiliated with Interval International. If you win one of these and want exceptional, better than hotel accomodation for £380 in the first year and £200 thereafter then go for it. After saying that as a member of Interval International I can purchase a week in March for £150 and in July at £600 for a 2 - 3 bedroom unit at Whitbarrow (UK Lake District) near Penrith.

The sums are simple to me, even at worst in the first year you will pay Seasons £380, a hotel for just 2 people in the same area off peak is £1000 try doing a search. Some people just don't kown when they are saving money do they? I suppose if you don't go on holiday or are not used to holidaying in quality surroundings or maybe you just go camping, this is not for you!!

OMG go away , you are on every thread about seasons ,, IT IS A SCAM !!!!!!!!!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1461739
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=529224&page=2
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1126129
    Dont forget that little Thanks button , only takes a sec
  • ripongrammargirl
    Options
    To all you people on this forum thinking this is a scam, I seriously doubt it. Seasons looks like a reputable company to me and if they say you have won a prize then ACCEPT it or do not enter the competitions!! Seasons is a well known company who DO sell timeshare and this is obviously what you are winning, but you do not need to be Carol Vorderman to do the sums and realise that £380 or whatever maintenance fees are FABULOUS value for such luxury accommodation. You will get a lovely unit-2, 3, 4 bedrooms etc plus kitchen (like home from home) for this yearly one off fee. I defy anybody to get such accommodation for anywhere near this price for 1 week at any time of year. For 1 small stuffy hotel ROOM anywhere in the world you pay PER PERSON and would be looking at at least double this price. WHY would any sane person pay a hotel chain's mortgage for 1 small room per year for their holiday when they can have the luxury of timeshare accommodation which can sleep many people for a small yearly fee. THINK ABOUT THE LOGIC!! 3 star+ Hotels in this area (Lake District)are charging £700+ for 1 week's accommodation in 1 room for week end Feb 09. I am a menber of Interval International and will be staying at the Whitbarrow Resort at this time and have paid £140 for the week for high class 2 bed unit. YOU DO THE MATHS!
    Can anyone get a holiday in such luxury for even double this price unless you own a timeshare??
    Take the prize offered and enjoy holidays for far less than your friends at many resorts around the country and abroad. Yes, I already own a timeshare for life (until I sell it or will it to someone) with Westgate Resorts and it's the best thing ever and far cheaper than the last 3 holidays I have had put together and all I pay is $400 each year for maintenance. This is the luxury of timeshare and would urge all those that can afford it (or the lucky ones to win this) to GO FOR IT! At least go for a day out to view the properties as you will usually get wined and dined even if you decide it's not for you.
    P.S I would like to point out to all the cynics on here that I am NOT affiliated with Seasons in any way and nor is my husband (Netv) and resent all negative comments regarding this. We just simply know a good deal when we see one-after all this is MONEYSAVING.COM and nor WHINGE.COM or STUPIDITY.COM!!!
  • NetV
    NetV Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    nikkit72 wrote: »
    OMG go away , you are on every thread about seasons ,, IT IS A SCAM !!!!!!!!!

I posted on 3 threads because they existed and because I DON'T BELIEVE it is a SCAM - you go away!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure