Help with my NTL complaint letter? :)

Options
2»

Comments

• DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    First things first, well done on getting your problems resolved!

On the compensation front, only you can decide ;) If it was me, I would be looking for say a £50 goodwill gesture for the hassle, and say a years free broadband. Also I would want all the line rental for when it wasn't working refunded, and the mysterious £20 of calls refunded.

NTL are reknowned for not being overly generous with compensation, so don't expect miracles!

I am still waiting for a cheque for being over charged for nearly £650 by NTL, maybe I will try emailing the man :)

Cheers, Des.
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    For starters, I'd work out the hourly rate you earn at work and demand to be compensated for all the time you've had off with wasted engineer visits. Add to that the cost of phone calls you've made, then work upwards with refunded line rental etc. Aim high but be prepared to settle for less.

Jules
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • mp7125
    mp7125 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Options
    Hi pault123 - good to hear your line has been sorted. On the compensation wait and see what they offer. They should as a minimum refund you for the 8 months you were without a service. If I was dealing with your complaint I would be offering you another £100-£150 for all your time and trouble and inconvenience. If they don't offer you a reasonable amount (as DesG has rightly noted they not know to be generous with thier compensation) ask them who you can appeal to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure