Holidays for 'family of 5'

Options

Comments

• JulieCP_2
    JulieCP_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I did a price comparison check for car hire through travelsupermarket.com and the best all round deal for the car we wanted was through holiday autos.
  • Smi1er
    Smi1er Posts: 642 Forumite
    Options
    Droop wrote: »
    Smi1er let us know where you will be on holiday next, I'll make sure I avoid it when you're there if your idea of 'fun with the family' is soaking the camera/camcorder of others.

:rotfl: Chill. My kids love the game also, it's one of many;) If you're gonna stand at the bottom of a waterslide then don't be too surprised if you get wet. Very wet:rotfl:
  • kta2505
    kta2505 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    My kids are the same ages and for the past few years we have done France. Last year we took the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff which is about 6 hours but there is loads to do on the boat and you can have a bit of a kip instaed of doing the long drive. We always book with the smaller independent companies as they have mobile homes on the same sites and so the facilities are the same but their deals are better. This year we are going to Des Ormes with French Freedom. admittedly we are taking the kids out of school for four days, but two weeks is costing £1000. It is pretty cheap once you get there cos the kids just spend all day in the pool and then go to bed exhausted at night. I know that you wanted something more package deal, but the prices just don't compare.

The other option is to find another family or in-laws to go with and rent a villa. Then you can shop around for flights. Menorca is good (try Bartle Holidays)

Good Luck !!!
  • kta2505
    kta2505 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Me Too! We are going to Chateau des Ormes on 15th (8 Sleeps!!) we are doing the long drive though !!
  • lammiegb
    Options
    hi m s crew what if in my case ,me my wife eldest child now adult plus to kids under 10 wish to holiday 2009 a big save req to do this any cash short cuts you ex guys have found out thanks and regards kevin in a wet (07/07/08)salisbury yes i now i live in a ? part of the ?
  • gazzak_2
    gazzak_2 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kta2505 wrote: »
    Me Too! We are going to Chateau des Ormes on 15th (8 Sleeps!!) we are doing the long drive though !!

Went there a few years back, loved it. You must visit Mont de Michelle.

I have 3 kids, 10, 6 and 2 1/2. Last year we went all inclusive to Majorca and due to the baby we got 1 room in an all inclusive hotel with cot. Great value. This year we've been looking and looking, including this thread, and was just about to book a mobile on a french campsite with Yelloh campsites. We then worked out that our 8 day stay with travel, food and daily spend was going to cost more than our 10 day all inclusive to Majorca last year.

So we just booked the same 10 day holiday in Majorca that we had last year, all inclusive again, and will put the 2 1/2 year old in his own bed AFTER the holdiay. We booked flights and accomodation ourselves this year and even having to book the youngest his own seat on the plane it was just cheaper than last year.

France campsite next year. Families of 5 can't go wrong there.
  • chinagirl
    chinagirl Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    don9999 wrote: »
    Anyway.....back to finding a Summer holiday.....

So far, the best I have found are:
    Majorca - Son Baulo TWO rooms. HB = £3200
    Majorca - Coma Cran, ONE room, SC = £3740
    Tenerife - Fiesta Oasis Paraiso, TWO rooms, HB = £3150
    Tenerife - Villa Mandi, TWO rooms, SC = £3143

I
    Cheers,
    Don

Crikey!!!!!!:eek: I just cannot believe the cost of those holidays. I haven,t been on a family package holiday for 7 years, as we holiday 2 or 3 times a year in the UK, either renting a static caravan on a Holiday Seaside Campsite, or actually take the tent and roughing it. We always have a brilliant time, and the kids love it.:j
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Families of 5,

I so hope I'm not breaking MSE rules, because I've never broken any before ... I have a brand new 2 bed apartment that will sleep 5, available in a beautiful area of Spain, that because it's new, is available at very last minute over the summer. Flights very cheap (MJV airport, Ryanair and Easyjet) Please PM me for further details - I don't want to say too much more in case I break any MSE advertising rules, and I'm not a rule breaker!

Of course, there are plenty of other 2 bed apartments (other than mine) also available, and with cheaper flights now, this might be a way of saving your money (as opposed to tour operator costs / package hol costs), but still having a fab hols.

Hope this msg is okay - and doesn't sound dodgy ... if I've overstepped the mark, mods, pse remove. Tx
  • helwarren
    helwarren Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Started looking round for a trip abroad next year for the 5 of us, school holidays as eldest wil be 6(nearly 7) and girls will be starting in the September. Cant believe how difficult it is- we haven't been since the twins were born. Would love to do a package deal just to take the hassle out of it all, but do most 'family rooms' consist of put you up or sofa beds ? -as begrudge paying all that money if don't even get a proper bed!
    Am looking at spain or france (disneyland) with tesco vouchers through Siblu and just paying for flights. Never used budget airlines before but didnt realise the fare didnt include baggage and have to pay extra on top. (was loking at this years flights for a guide price). Also have a niggling fear I'll book a site and won't be able to get flights later on to match.
    Why is it when it was just DH and me we always got stung for 4 or 6 bedded apartments (where did they all go?) and under occupancy and now cant fit in anywhere!
  • poodledoodledoo
    poodledoodledoo Posts: 2,001 Forumite
    Options
    I Want To Join This Thread!!!! :D

Our kids are 13, 9, 8 and 3 months.
    Out of interest, do ANY of the disney hotels in Paris accommodate a family of more than 4????
    Thanks to everyone who posts comps, I love winning prizes big and small
    :A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family