New Post Advanced Search

I love this forum

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
5 replies 3.3K views
dirtyflanneldirtyflannel Forumite
238 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
Well came on for a browse and never laughed so much in my life. Thought I'd try a bit of money saving and was directed to a forum that must have been made a couple of years ago. It was all about making meals out of store cupboard bits and pieces. Everyone was mentioning sprouty onions and baked bean tarts. I wont be laffing when I am poor as a church mouse though might have to take some of the tips and put them into practice before long.

Replies

• valk_scotvalk_scot Forumite
    5.3K posts
    My mum used to make baked bean tarts when I was a kid. She would line fairy cake tins with pastrey offcuts, put some chopped cooked bacon and a spoonful of baked beans in the bottom, pour over some beaten egg and bake them. They were bloody gorgeous!
    Val.
  • cheapscatecheapscate Forumite
    530 posts
    valk_scot wrote: »
    My mum used to make baked bean tarts when I was a kid. She would line fairy cake tins with pastrey offcuts, put some chopped cooked bacon and a spoonful of baked beans in the bottom, pour over some beaten egg and bake them. They were bloody gorgeous!
    They sound lovely! Makes me think of the cost cutting things my mum made - like ice cream out of evapourated milk - yum!
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Fishcakes made with a pot of salmon & shrimp paste, with bread & butter for a tea-time treat! Scrummy!
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• focus888focus888 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    There are so many useful thread although some are so old that there are now over a 100 pages :shocked: and once you start reading one you just want to know what others have posted :) very addictive. am very happy have stumbled across this site.
  • JanaeJanae Forumite
    177 posts
    I'm also very happy to have found this site. My serious lurking started when i came across Mbaz's £20 for the month challenge last autumn - brilliant and very helpful!
    GC April 93.92/500
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support