Website Affiliation + increasing traffic?

Didn't want to spam up the two other threads that i have seen mention website Affiliate marketing so i though I'd ask this here, obviously if i set up a website/blog and place affiliate ad's upon that site the more traffic i get to visit that site the more chance i have of getting at least some revenue from said ad's. So does anyone have any tips on getting your site "out there" and drawing the people into your site?

Comments

• sidthesexist
    sidthesexist Posts: 102 Forumite
    Thnx, i was thinking of putting a few links on myspace ect however i didn't want my account banned for spamming lol
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's called Search Engine Optimisation or SEO. You can research how to do this through Google and it really will help to increase the traffic to your site. For new sites it's best to make a sitemap and submit it to Google and also exchange links with an established site. This will get you listed in google in one to two weeks. You then need to optimise you pages for keywords that others are using to search for things and make sure that each page has a proper title etc. Keep working on the link exchanges and add content as often as you can.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • Thnx, i was thinking of putting a few links on myspace ect however i didn't want my account banned for spamming lol

I might be wrong but I think it's against the Myspace TOS to place affiliate links on your profile. You would be better off building a blog or website for that purpose. =]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure