Sorry not been around - IPA

Options
Good evening to you all :D

Just received my IPA back from OR asking for......£55 per month, i worked out that i'd have about £80 spare each month, so not going to argue with that one. so looks like i have a nice OR as they have allowed pretty much all that i put on the I&E form; looks like they have only reduced a couple of things; pity have to pay for 36 months, but hey ho; better that than 36 years!

Thought i'd share some good news...:j
:T
BSC 160 that's me! :j 2 years to go before I qualify...:eek: and am let loose on the public :rolleyes:

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening :)

Not to bad then. Do you know what he has reduced? Have you asked? Don't forget if you have any changes in income you have 21 days to let them know especially if your income reduces.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Dez-Titute
    Dez-Titute Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Done,

Still leaves you enough for a few beers.

Cheers
    The triumph of hope over experience

mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    when you say £80 spare, is that your surplus? if so, you shouldn't have an ipa. It's only if you have a surplus of £100 or more
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Scoot, debtis so easy worked out she had £80 surplus, the OR has obviously disallowed/lowered somethings so putting her over the £99 limit and giving an IPA.
    BSCno.87
  • debtissoeasytogetinto
    Options
    OR prob disallowed gym membership which would have pushed me over! but hey still can afford it yipeeeeeeeee don't mind paying as i'm now able to save money for a car which i need for work, going through a lot of shoe leather at the moment! my poor feet!
    BSC 160 that's me! :j 2 years to go before I qualify...:eek: and am let loose on the public :rolleyes:
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    Ah! that would do it :) Bet your keeping very fit with all the walking though :D
    BSCno.87
  • clanger69
    clanger69 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening to you all :D

Just received my IPA back from OR asking for......£55 per month, i worked out that i'd have about £80 spare each month, so not going to argue with that one. so looks like i have a nice OR as they have allowed pretty much all that i put on the I&E form; looks like they have only reduced a couple of things; pity have to pay for 36 months, but hey ho; better that than 36 years!

Thought i'd share some good news...:j
    :T

Hi debtissoeasytogetinto

I'm on an IVA at the mo but now realise i should have just gone BR as i have no assets so am planning this next week. Just wanted to know did the OR scrutinise everything you declared as an expense and what sort of outgoings did you account for?

Are you allowed things like mobile phone bills, internet access and, in my case, i'm on a sharesave scheme with my employer. Do you know if i will have to opt out of this if i go through the BR?

THANKS FOR ANY ADVISE GIVEN
  • Waspeze
    Waspeze Posts: 2,479 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Clanger,
    With all things like internet, mobile phone etc .. it's not a case of not being allowed them, just whether the OR will accept it as a reasonable required expense and as such include it when calculating an IPA.

If not included and you want to keep them you are expected to pay for them out of any surplus you may have.
    :hello:
    Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    Scoot, debtis so easy worked out she had £80 surplus, the OR has obviously disallowed/lowered somethings so putting her over the £99 limit and giving an IPA.

Ah ha. Misread. Was tired last night when I left the comment Sorry
  • tigerfeet2006
    Options
    clanger69 wrote: »
    Hi debtissoeasytogetinto

I'm on an IVA at the mo but now realise i should have just gone BR as i have no assets so am planning this next week. Just wanted to know did the OR scrutinise everything you declared as an expense and what sort of outgoings did you account for?

Are you allowed things like mobile phone bills, internet access and, in my case, i'm on a sharesave scheme with my employer. Do you know if i will have to opt out of this if i go through the BR?

THANKS FOR ANY ADVISE GIVEN

Clanger if you would like to pop up your SOA as submitted to the IVA company in a new thread we will have a look for you.

Have you taken professional advise from one of the debt charities? You must do this or the judge could delay your petion until you have.

Oh! and welcome to the board.
    BSCno.87
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business