how long before insolvency website says "dishcarged"

Options
Hey guys got 4 weeks to the day till auto discharge! does it show up the day that you are discharged or is there a slight delay.....

Another matter is i haven't recieved an Ipa yet, does anyone think it is leaving it a bit late for them to implement it or can they come after you after discharge?

I also read somewere that they have a month after discharge to still implement BRU or IPA in case they have missed it..

I pray for it not to be the case..........any MSexperts help on this one?

Comments

• dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Options
    Amidone4 got early discharge on 20th may it did not show up on the IS website until the 6th june so it takes a couple of wks. I am not sure but i was under the impression you only got a new IPOQ to fill in if being considered for ED. If AD, did not think you had to do another IPOQ as by rights you would have informed them of any income change anyway.Sure someoe will either confirm that or put me(and you) straight:D D
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • southernbouy
    Options
    what's an IPQ
  • dalip
    Options
    Income Payments Order Questionaire= IPOQ. The same thing you fill in for your initial interview with the OR.:D
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • southernbouy
    Options
    i got one about 3 months ago in with a letter saying if i got the IPQ back with in the aloted time they would consider me for a ED!!! I worked out that if I got my ED in 56 days which is about the quickest i would get two weeks shaved of my 1 year so didn't want to risk it, it only said I had to fill it in if i wanted ED!!!!! do you think i did the right thing? and they wanted it back regardless?
  • dalip
    Options
    In my opinion yes. I sent mine back(went bc nove)and first thing every morn i check the IS website,then again when i get home(just in case they update at a later time in the day:o )every time i check and it still says BANKCRUPT,i get a feeling in the pit of my belly. If they had not sent that letter i would still be none the wiser and not spending my time checking. At least you know that on a certain date you will be discharged no matter what.D
  • stubie
    stubie Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Sort of the same subject?

How long does it take for Goooooooogle to stop caching my name on the Insovency website?

Thanks
  • onerabbit
    onerabbit Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I worked out that if I got my ED in 56 days which is about the quickest i would get two weeks shaved of my 1 year so didn't want to risk it, it only said I had to fill it in if i wanted ED!!!!!

That's interesting SB. I'm six and half months in and haven't had an interview or heard anything from the OR since the first forms I received to sign after a couple of weeks. If I got an IPQ now I wouldn't bother sending it back. There's been little change in my earnings etc. and I'm not stressed by having to run the full course.

I didn't realise you had a choice with ED. As the summer holidays are now starting I may not receive an IPQ before Sept/Oct in any case, if at all.

If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one ;)BSC No.120
  • southernbouy
    Options
    there it is word for word, would do you make of it?

As you would have been told when you previously contacted this office, you are entiltled to an
    automatic discharge 12 months after the bankrupcy order made against you but in certain circumstances
    discharge may be granted earlier. Before deciding to file a notice in court that would grant you an
    earlier discharge from bankrupcy, I require you to complete and return the enclosed income and expediture
    questionaire within 14 days. Even if your financial situation has not changed since the bankrupcy order
    was made, you should still complete and return the questionaire.
    One of the purposes of the bankrupcy provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986 is that those who are able
    to contribute money towards the payment of their bankrupcy debts should do so. Your response will let
    me know wether your circumstances have changed and enable me to make an updated assessment of your
    ability to contribute towards the payment of your bankrupcy debts. Should a payment be deemed appropriate
    I will contact you again with further details. Please note that your ability to make a payment has no
    effect on you eligibilty for an earlier dischrge.
    If you do not return the completed questionaire within 14 days, I shall not proceed with the action
    necessary to grant you an early discharge (even if you submit the questionaire at a later date).
    As this process will take some weeks to contact all of your creditors i would be gratefull if you
    did not contact me again in relation to this matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure