stuffing envelopes

Options
anyone know an address where i can get info on filling or addressing envelopes from home ?:j

Comments

• Glen0000
    Glen0000 Posts: 446 Forumite
    Options
    anyone know an address where i can get info on filling or addressing envelopes from home ?:j

There is no such thing. Don't believe everything you see on Eastenders :-)
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Options
    Its a scam. xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • Chollita
    Chollita Posts: 678 Forumite
    Options
    Bruce, you must be the last person alive who thinks stuffing envelopes is a genuine job ...
  • gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Options
    Ok without trying to sound dumb here..why is it always a con? do these jobs not exist anymore? my uncle used to do it a few years back, get paid something like 25p per envelope for every stamp he put on it..just wondered thats all..
    There is a local co advertising near me and they want a SAE..what am i likely to get back do you reckon..worth trying? or not giving my address out?
    Thanks
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I dont think that envelope stuffing in this manner is commercially viable anymore - most envelopes can be packed by machine. Where they are hand stuffed they can be done by workers in an outwork factory/printers at low cost ,without the need to split up work into small lots and then send it out to people to do at home and then collect back.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • kianicky
    kianicky Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it's a rip off believe me. good few years ago i was silly enough to send 15 quid to a company offering this type of work and what did i get a very small printed booklet full of so called companys offering work from home jobs. total con!!! lesson learnt.
    Vegetarian's Do Not!!!! eat fish :mad:

2015 comp wins: July: Travel wallet (Yazoo competition) :j :t
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Makes me laugh all these adverts you see on street corners on lamp posts and on back of cars, make £300 for a few hours work, yeah right only way you make £300 is get gullible people to pay you up front
  • zoelouise88
    zoelouise88 Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Options
    there are actually some simular jobs out there but are extremly low paid theres a factory by me that do cards and they pay people to basically put the cards in the envelopes & pack them, you have to pick the cards up and drop them of.
    Not sure on the pay but think it may be something like 2p a card.
    Wins for 2011: ........................

Weight Lose Challenge: 7/1/11 60lbs to lose 23/1/11 17 lbs lost :) 43lbs to go!!
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It will be soon time for printers to be printing 2009 calendars,try ringing around local printers and bookbinders and see if they themselves or they know of any companys who outsource.
    Calendars need putting into envelopes by hand,esp after they have been spirel bound.
    Be warned it can be very heavy work,and it is quite often done at night to be picked up by 6am.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • crazyangel_2
    crazyangel_2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    there are a few home jobs in my area from factories one i used to do was making up xmas crackers you have to make it them from scratch fill them and put the snap inside,I did it when my kids where young and a box of about 100 would pay about 20 quid.Also there used to be wire cutting jobs,i would get a box load of wire cable and would have to cut each end to a specific size and thread into a holder very hard work and about 1000 wires would pay about 8 quid and take about 5 hours to complete.If your still interested contact local factories to see if they hire home workers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure