🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BR annulment

Options
itydntk
itydntk Posts: 146 Forumite
edited 1 October 2011 at 9:17AM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Lorem ipsum

Comments

• itydntk
    edited 1 October 2011 at 9:17AM
    Options
    Lorem ipsum
  • So_Sad_Angel
    So_Sad_Angel Posts: 7,363 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

I`m not much help really but this is a very interesting topic. As your property is valued higher than expected the BR issue in your case has changed dimension.

IS website & helpline may be a obvious route & of course your OR. Its a difficult one but is your valuation just on marketable value (ie by estate agent) or Chartered Surveyor. I also wonder whether the valuation (if estate agent) is high to try & deter a sale (does your ex lives in the house?)

Angexx
  • itydntk
    edited 1 October 2011 at 9:17AM
    Options
    Lorem ipsum
  • Waspeze
    Waspeze Posts: 2,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not too clued up on houses but just because a house is put up for sale at a price doesn't mean it'll sell at that price, i realise your EA says it'll go for £20k less but until it actually does... especially with less people moving now. Have there been any viewings or anyone showing an interest?

Is there anyway you can get an independant valuation done?

Just my thoughts :)
    :hello:
    Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
  • Captain_Mainwaring_2
    Options
    You need to look up the term "ad valorem" as doing it this way could cost you a lot of money. If however the costs come from third party funds then this may be avoidable.
    You really need to deal with this before an outside trustee is nominated, or indeed the OR deals with this as your trustee, as those charges will eat through thousands. If you do it before a trustee is nominated, you are quite within your rights to make a partial offer of settlement to your creditors so long as it isn't silly, you may find it is looked upon favourably. Your offer needs to state "third party funds" & "full and final settlement", and in the case of the petitioning creditor if there is one then they need to agree that the costs are included in your payment.
    If the trustee does get involved, they will kindly pay for a valuation and insurance, all on your account - all this waffle about EA's valuation has no validity, only a FRICS (and someone belonging to another body, I forget) can value.
  • itydntk
    edited 1 October 2011 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Lorem ipsum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income