Slicethepie.com

Options
I signed up for an account with slicethepie.com, it was going very slow and took me hours on hours to just get £6 at 3p a track, its very hard to get anything above.

Anyway a new week and did 33 tracks yesterday, which is really hard going. I got an email from them today saying.

Hi

You may have noticed that your Slicethepie account has been locked.
The reason for this is the methods which you are using in the Scoutroom. The use of identical "cut and paste" and templated reviews are neither constructive to the Artist nor in the spirit of Slicethepie.
They are clearly a breach of the Terms & Conditions which you have agreed to as a Scout (Section 3) and we reserve the right to remove any related funds from your account (Section 11).
We will be removing £0.96 from your account which is in direct relation to your poor reviews.
Please reply to this message to let us know that you understand why we have taken this action.
Regards

Jessica

Now I had not copy and pasted like they suggested in fact I had listened to the very boring music and rated, the only copy and paste that was ever done was where notes were made along the time and at the end of the track pasted. They dont ask questions they just take hard earned small cash away from you without a blink of an eyelid. I really would avoid, has anyone else had problems with them?

Comments

• milk
    milk Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    I've never had any problems with them and have made Just under £100 in less than a month which has been paid to my paypal account quickly after requested and transferred into my bank account.

Maybe it is because you used a copy and paste from a note pad instead of just typing straight into the comment box.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i normally write my reviews in the review box, as i am listening to the track, as its more spontanious sp? and each review is unique that way..

they prob got some sort of porgramme which can pick up that you used copy and paste....

it is a shame..... because of all your hard work, but that is their rules and in their terms and conditions.....
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I was using StP I found that on several tracks, if typing directly into the review box, I would lose what I had typed half-way through. This got so irritating that I resorted to writing in notepad and copy/pasting, just to avoid losing the text and having to retype about 5 times before getting it in there properly. I'd think it very unfair if they were 'detecting' copy/paste, because of these problems.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lavendyr wrote: »
    When I was using StP I found that on several tracks, if typing directly into the review box, I would lose what I had typed half-way through. This got so irritating that I resorted to writing in notepad and copy/pasting, just to avoid losing the text and having to retype about 5 times before getting it in there properly. I'd think it very unfair if they were 'detecting' copy/paste, because of these problems.

i must admit in all the time i have been doing slice the pie i havent had this problem...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    they spooked me for sure, once stung never go back for more. I was been genuine with them and to take a whole two hours earnings is disgusting
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    im wary is is alot of work for not much money i havent signed up yet? What can you earn in a week?
    :footie:
  • eshkie
    eshkie Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    it's not a big money earner that's for sure, when it first started the quality of the bands were a bit higher and they paid a bit more, think i was averaging about £100 a month for a couple of nights a week, but it's off the boil a bit now. Have found some amazing bands though so for me that's been the best part. Now for every one good track there's about 100 awful ones.
    Must admit though i haven't had the problems, and i usually write my reviews in notepad then paste them into the box
    Debt Free March 2010 :j DFW member 874, Proud to be dealing with my debts. !

Target 1: Clear Barclaycard £1600
    Target 2: Clear NR Loan £3024
    Target 3: Clear Moneyback Loan £3150
  • Clippyjo
    Clippyjo Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    That is strange.

I'd contact them about.

I usually write all of my review in word and then paste in because my spelling can be hit and miss and where I type so fast I can end up getting a lot of typos, especially late at night when I'm tired.

I hope you get it sorted. Whislt not a big earner it is something interesting to do when you are online anyway.

Good Luck
  • jessgotmuscles
    Options
    I have to admit I find the whole interface confusing, reviewing bands is simple enough but it isnt very clear about what you actually do with the money once it has been credited to your account.
    No Links or Advertising in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • sophie131
    sophie131 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    I'd maybe email back and ask for more clarification on the matter. I use notepad all the time otherwise I simply forget what I wanted to say!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure