mortgage advice required please

Options
Hi, i bought my house just under 2yrs ago. I am moving to birmingham for a new challenge As house prices are so bad i don't want to sell it but leave my lodgers to pay the motgage while i buy and live elsewhere. London and country were only able to get me 7.29% (i do have a 10% dep) can anyone think of a particular lender that may be the best to ask?

They also said that my current mortgage will go up as i need to talk to my bank who will want to increase the interest rate! (i was hoping leave that mortgage alone and just pay them their money without the compication of being charged more money!)

I will follw the advice given on the main website pages and ask the others too.

All and any adivce appreciated, thanks for reading my thread.

Cheers V

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,075 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just ask your current lender for consent to lease as a temporary measure.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure