Woolwich Mortgage Reserve Account

Options
Well....you do your best....and what happens?

They sent out the letters in March advising if you did nothing they'd reduce your limit.

I sent mine back, stating my preference to keep it with a provision that it will increase over time and I phoned to advise the letter was on its way.

Today they reduced my limit to a silly amount without warning - found out through online banking - not by any letter.

I phoned and complained and they said they'd not received my letter.

I've not received the reminder they said they would send if they didn't any answer regarding the change.

I now need to send written confirmation that I do indeed want to keep my limit....

So, a warning to those with the Woolwich Mortgage Reserve...make sure they don't take your limit on the pretext of not receiving your correspondence.:mad:
For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007

Comments

• UK007BullDog
    UK007BullDog Posts: 2,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send all letters by recorded post.

That is the only way to ensure delivery!
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    Well...sent my letter...checked online before I went away and they'd changed my limit to higher than it was before...hmmm OK...

Come back from week's holiday....letter received confirming the reserve facility had been reinstated but I then check online and it's been put at £100...like their default status.

Do they have bizarre updating systems or something?
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • Bismarck
    Options
    Send all letters by recorded post.

That is the only way to ensure delivery!

You really shouldn't have to though, should you? I'm wondering how many other letters have been allegedly "not received" as Barclays try and cut down their reserve limit exposures....
  • minimike2
    minimike2 Posts: 2,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are only trying to be responsible lenders.

The FS insustry is damned if it does and damned if it doesnt.
  • Bismarck
    Options
    minimike2 wrote: »
    They are only trying to be responsible lenders.

The FS insustry is damned if it does and damned if it doesnt.

I used to work in the FS industry and yes...we were damned most of the time! :rolleyes:

I know they "try" to seem responsible lenders but the admin was such a mess....they couldn't explain their systems when I asked...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure