Anyone actually earned any money with Helium?

Options
Hi guys,

I just wondered if anyone has ever earnt enough to actually get a payout from Helium just from writing articles, or is it not worth me bothering? I have had one article on their website for over a year and have so far earned $1.91! I just wondered if anyone has actually earned enough money for a payout through articles alone (not using marketplace etc?)

Anyone who has made any money on this site, can you share any tips for how to beat the system?! Would anyone say it's worth me writing just for the sake of it? I enjoy writing so would rather do my own articles or stories than do the marketplace ones, but I would hope that they might actually make me some money, and I have a feeling that this site keeps you perpetually below the payout threshold!

All experiences would be great to hear about!

Sarah :)

Comments

• The_Edible_Dormouse
    Options
    Hi,

I've cashed out three times in just over two years with 150 articles, but I'm just about to cash out again and have decided to close my account after that, as it's just not really worth the effort (I haven't written any new articles in over a year). I've found my work plagiarised elsewhere on the site (and nothing gets done), and got a bit sick and tired (admittedly under the "old" system) of people typing utter rubbish, knowing that they would get a few clicks. There was also a suspicion a year or so back of a clicking cartel (but that could go on anywhere).

So it hasn't been a great experience for me, really. It's a slow burner, with two definite cashouts a year, but it was an awful lot of initial effort.

Hope this helps.
    £5 a day in December £179.59/£155
    £100 on STP by 31 January 09 £2.03/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills