Is there a way of finding my credit rating?

Options
fwehorx
fwehorx Posts: 23 Forumite
Hi all!

Just a very quick question, is there a way of finding my own credit rating?

Am I right to assume that the higher the value, the worse it is, and what the values range from?

Thanks! ;D

Comments

• roadrash
    roadrash Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Having been a memeber of this website for a litle while and being interested in my 'credit rating' myself..I hope I can be of assistance.

First off, a 'credit rating' as such, does not exist.
    https://www.experian.co.uk are doing what is called a National Score now, which is very American, but you have to pay about £50 I believe, to find this out...

The reason I say that there is not really a 'credit rating' as such, is because creditors use all different sorts of systems when they look at your credit worthiness.
    For example, if you put on an application you are a Home Owner, this scores you about 2 points..and they very rarely check!

So hope this helps...

;D
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    For example, if you put on an application you are a Home Owner, this scores you about 2 points..and they very rarely check!

but if they do check and find out it isn't true, it'll knock a few more than 2 points off your score ;)
  • DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, but those convicted of fraud are usually provided rent-free accommodations. :P
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • nh
    nh Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    Click here and go to Galstonian's long post for a really good round-up of what gives you a good credit score

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Questions;action=display;num=1088129098
    I'm married now! Yippee!
  • fwehorx
    fwehorx Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all for giving me this advice! ::)
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Having been a memeber of this website for a litle while and being interested in my 'credit rating' myself..I hope I can be of assistance.

First off, a 'credit rating' as such, does not exist.
    https://www.experian.co.uk are doing what is called a National Score now, which is very American, but you have to pay about £50 I believe, to find this out...

The reason I say that there is not really a 'credit rating' as such, is because creditors use all different sorts of systems when they look at your credit worthiness.

So hope this helps...

;D

As an annual paid up member of Experien I found you can get your credit score based on the information they hold for £4.99. Experien is one of the big boys which supply info to your creditors so indirectly influencing the decision.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure