can anyone answer this question????

hi there all,
just a quickie got my credit file from experian this morning, but a loan i took out with barclays for£9000 was not on there why would this be?? any suggestions???

Comments

• Do you bank with them if so that could be your answer
    sometimes if you bank with the bank you have taken further credit with they dont always submit your details to CR file.
    Not 100% sure but i am sure that someone with more experience will be along to answer you better or correct me if i am wrong
    £2.00 savings club =£2.00
  • newmum1 wrote:
    hi there all,
    just a quickie got my credit file from experian this morning, but a loan i took out with barclays for£9000 was not on there why would this be?? any suggestions???
    1. High Street Banks don't always report "good" account management, especially if you've been a long-standing customer (ie >6 years).

2. You have only just taken the loan and Barclays have not yet updated Experian with the information (could take 1-2 months to update).

3. They may report to Equifax only - although very unlikely in my experience.

Have you got a search for the loan showing on your file? (will only be there if you applied in the last 12 months)
  • newmum1 wrote:
    hi there all,

Barclays generaly only report to Equifax and Call credit...... Unless anyone else has seen their accounts registed at Experian ?

None of my barclays accounts ever have been !!
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • Just to clarify and confirm ....

There is no requirement for any account conduct to be reported to the credit reference agencies. It's something that lenders choose to do ... then again, they may choose not to. And, as has been said, they do not have to report to every credit reference agency.

Where they do report, some only report bad conduct - others report all conduct.

Confusing, eh? :confused:
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Barclays generaly only report to Equifax and Call credit...... Unless anyone else has seen their accounts registed at Experian ?
    Both my mortgage and current accounts with Barclays(Woolwich) are in both experian and equifax files. My current account with pure Barclays is not reported to both CRAs. Barclaycard is reported to experian only.
  • grumbler wrote:
    Both my mortgage and current accounts with Barclays(Woolwich) are in both experian and equifax files.
    Is this because you have an "offset" product grumbler? Might explain why?
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    thanks all this explains it, i have banked with barclays for aboutapprox 8 years and took the loan out in dec 04 but if they dont show bad credit management then thats prob why its not on there. thanks all.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Is this because you have an "offset" product grumbler? Might explain why?
    Not exactly "offset". As far as I remember current account with Woolwich is called something like "mortgage reserve account"(?). I can borrow money not at my mortgage rate, but at Woolwich base(?) rate. I never use it and don't remember all details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure