show your support for the New ways Team

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 755 views
new_ways_supporternew_ways_supporter Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Please show your support for the New Ways Team

I am asking all money savers to support the New Ways Team for a National Lottery Award. This is not a monetary award, getting this award will thank them for their valuable work.

The New Ways Team is a group of staff who work for different organisations and come together to bring their expertise to support people who experience depression, alcohol abuse, sexual abuse and many other mental health problems.

I have suffered from alcoholism and depression since my teenage years, I am now in my forties and at last have recovered because of the team. My underlying problem was sexual abuse by a close family member between the ages of 12 and 14. This led to me feeling confused about my own sexuality and worried that I would become paedophile, as I heard it runs in families. I started drinking heavily and smoking cannabis. This nearly destroyed my relationship with my partner and my own kids. I have lost over twenty years of my life. The antidepressants my doctor prescribed didn't really help; I tried a variety of drugs to block out my memories.

The approach the staff took was miraculous, my doctor asked me to go along for counselling (again), I had tried this in the past but it had been too painful and seemed pointless. This time however, I felt I could talk with a real person who understood why I was drinking so much, after a few weeks I told her about the sexual abuse and it only took a few days before she had me talking to another counsellor. Before I knew it, I had all sorts of help on tap including a Dietician who helped me tackle my weight problem.

The joined up way this team works helped me to get back to work full-time and begin healing my relationships with my own kids and partner.

A hope this is okay to post hear, I don’t think every one gets the Herald were the article about the team was published.

Voting closes on 10 October, all us internet users can vote for free by clicking hear.

:T :T :T :A national lottery :A :T :T :T awards

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda