landybridal - am I a bit dim???

Options
2»

Comments

• floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Spam alert!

TBH, I don't think he was a spammer, as he actually said "I think they are a trustworthy supplier, don't worry too much" rather than the usual " I've found a website much better than them, look at this linky" ....and many newbies add their website to their signature before they realise it's against forum rules.
  • lindaatno9
    lindaatno9 Posts: 2,092 Forumite
    Options
    But, look at the date of the original thread 03-06-2008!!!!
    Think it is a "reassurance" response.
  • madfrenchgirl
    madfrenchgirl Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    Well, first off, you come on here and you are called exactly after your company. (Well Linda is nearly called after her company but not exactly like it). This is your first post ever and you do have your own company's website into your signature which is against forum rules.

I know you did not try to advertise your own products and I was too quick to react and should have thought about that first, sorry. In fact, you are saying that one of your competitors is very good. Not really spamming in itself but we have had a lot of people coming on here for advertising themselves instead of giving real good advice...
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • lindaatno9
    lindaatno9 Posts: 2,092 Forumite
    Options
    Well, first off, you come on here and you are called exactly after your company. (Well Linda is nearly called after her company but not exactly like it). This is your first post ever and you do have your own company's website into your signature which is against forum rules.

I know you did not try to advertise your own products and I was too quick to react and should have thought about that first, sorry. In fact, you are saying that one of your competitors is very good. Not really spamming in itself but we have had a lot of people coming on here for advertising themselves instead of giving real good advice...

Yep, I fell into that trap when I first arrived. Wrists slapped, duly got the act together and discovered my knowledge was worth passing on to others. Hope it has helped too.
    Did think links as signatures were not allowed. Bad ettiquette and can be seen as spamming.
    As a company myself, wouldn't exactly stick up for anyone, but would remain impartial unless I was exceptionally friendly or if they passed work over to me in which case I would be supporting their every move.:rolleyes:
    It is always good for ladies to come here and share their great experiences, as it is good to share the bad ones.
    As for usernames, I'm totally uselss and not very imaginative. :cool:
  • listenone
    Options
    Hi, i know the brdal store, most of the pictures are taken from the real dresses made from them.
    they also have large collection of designer dresses.
    i also purchased my wedding dress from landybridal
    just received the wedding dress! Guess what, they're gorgeous and comfortable fit. love it!
  • ZebrasMum
    ZebrasMum Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I had a very bad experience with Landybridal - once they had my money they did not want to know. I would not recommend it to my enemy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure