Money Making Tips for 16 year olds

Options
Hello,
I am 16 years old and I ami nterested in earning money online. I am currently a member of several survey panels but I was wondering if there was was anything else that I could do online. I am also a member of a few cashback sites.

I already have a part time job at a pub but I was wondering if there was anything I can do to get a bit of extra income.
2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
:jDebt-Free Wannabe!! :j

Comments

• Elle00
    Elle00 Posts: 775 Forumite
    Options
    Tombo wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am 16 years old and I ami nterested in earning money online. I am currently a member of several survey panels but I was wondering if there was was anything else that I could do online. I am also a member of a few cashback sites.

I already have a part time job at a pub but I was wondering if there was anything I can do to get a bit of extra income.

Why not try review writing for www.dooyoo.co.uk? I think you might only be able to get amazon vouchers rather than cash until you're 18 but you're definetely allowed to be a member either way. You get paid 50p for every review you write then 1.5p for every rate you get from other members. It takes about 10 minutes to write a 300 word review and another 20 minutes to read and rate a few others. So okay, it's about £2 an hour, but it's worth it as a bit of extra I think.
  • Tombo
    Tombo Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Elle83 wrote: »
    Why not try review writing for www.dooyoo.co.uk? I think you might only be able to get amazon vouchers rather than cash until you're 18 but you're definetely allowed to be a member either way. You get paid 50p for every review you write then 1.5p for every rate you get from other members. It takes about 10 minutes to write a 300 word review and another 20 minutes to read and rate a few others. So okay, it's about £2 an hour, but it's worth it as a bit of extra I think.
    Ok, thank you. I will give it a go. :money:
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Elle83 wrote: »
    Why not try review writing for www.dooyoo.co.uk?

I just had a quick look at dooyoo and some random clicks brought up this review.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/personal-hygiene/durex-extra-safe-condoms/1093277/

Will he get paid for that cr*p?

WARNING: The review in the link above contains swear words and is not suitable for minors to view.

However, it's not just the swear words I am asking about, it's the writers grasp of the English language that concerns me.
  • Tombo
    Options
    I just had a quick look at dooyoo and some random clicks brought up this review.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/personal-hygiene/durex-extra-safe-condoms/1093277/

Will he get paid for that cr*p?

WARNING: The review in the link above contains swear words and is not suitable for minors to view.

However, it's not the swear words I am asking about, it's the writers grasp of the English language that concerns me.
    :eek: I was shocked when I read that. Do they have a moderating system or are funds added automatically to your balance?
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :eek: I was shocked when I read that.

Me too, and I must say my original warning was not strong enough! The link should only be followed by adults who are not easily shocked.
    Do they have a moderating system or are funds added automatically to your balance?

I don't know, that is one thing I am hoping to find out. If that sort of review is normal for the site then I don't want to be using it.
  • shewhoguards
    shewhoguards Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    It's not normal. I've been there a couple of months, and it's the first of that type I've seen.

Funds are held onto for 72 hours after reviews are posted for this reason. I suspect he'll get yanked pretty soon.
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    That is definitely not a normal review. I've been writing there for about 18 months on and off and thats the first time i've seen something as awful as that. Your account has a section called pending funds and its just for that reason. Keeps us all on the straight and narrow. I'm with shewhoguards, he'll get his account stopped. That's definitely the worst review I have ever read!
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I dunno whats worse, his swearing, poor grasp of the english language or his obvious ignorance when it comes to his and his partners sexual health.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • Tombo
    Options
    LilacPixie wrote: »
    I dunno whats worse, his swearing, poor grasp of the english language or his obvious ignorance when it comes to his and his partners sexual health.
    Tell me about it!
  • cheekyvimto13
    cheekyvimto13 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    have you tried

http://www.mysearchfunds.co.uk/apply001.asp?Friend=59044

you get paid everytime you search on the net...;)
    also private message me if you would like some referal links for surveys..:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure