When should i start shopping around?

Options
Morning everyone. My current fixed rate mortgage with IF of 4.99% ends on the 1/9/08 so am starting to think about changing my mortgage. When should i start looking around? I might contact my current lender to see what they could offer me as well. Any advice would be most grateful. Thanks.

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Now would be a good time, especially as rates are still increasing.
  • JuiceFS
    JuiceFS Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    A mortgage offer can be valid for up to 6 months depending on the lender and scheme, so now would be a good time to start looking into it.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser :j
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Sean75
    Sean75 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I have the weekend off so will contact IF today. Does anyone have a landline number for IF as i have free calls over the weekend? I only have an 0845 number. Many thanks.
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    Now is definitely the right time to start looking

This link may help with a geographical phone number:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • allan673
    allan673 Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    look at other lenders too, dont just stay with them for the sake of it, save as much cash as you can
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure