I discovered Martin only a short time ago, about 6 months, since then my whole thinking, saving money and scams (as my husband calls them) has drastically changed. I must speak about him everyday. My husband says that Martin has more say than him! I always try to follow his advice and it has paid off. My friends and family laugh as in conversations I often say "Martin said to do this today" they ask if he speaks to me personally! I have a sky plus box, quidco owes me £123 and I have got a rebate from my gas and electric company to make me stay put. However, today when I asked my husband if we could sign up for another year at the Gym (always good intentions) he said " Martin said if you haven't used it in the last month CANCEL! Well didn't that show me! Least he is listening to Martin as well. Well done Martin, it's a joy to watch you on the TV and even more of a joy to follow your advice, if you are ever passing Norfolk pop in for a cuppa, that'll give the old man something to talk about!

Replies

• jamtart6jamtart6 Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    good on you jue! you and thousands more have saved loads of dosh thanks to martin! welcome to the forums :)

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• MARTINS_DOLLMARTINS_DOLL Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    jue123 wrote: »
    I discovered Martin only a short time ago, about 6 months, since then my whole thinking, saving money and scams (as my husband calls them) has drastically changed. I must speak about him everyday. My husband says that Martin has more say than him! I always try to follow his advice and it has paid off. My friends and family laugh as in conversations I often say "Martin said to do this today" they ask if he speaks to me personally! I have a sky plus box, quidco owes me £123 and I have got a rebate from my gas and electric company to make me stay put. However, today when I asked my husband if we could sign up for another year at the Gym (always good intentions) he said " Martin said if you haven't used it in the last month CANCEL! Well didn't that show me! Least he is listening to Martin as well. Well done Martin, it's a joy to watch you on the TV and even more of a joy to follow your advice, if you are ever passing Norfolk pop in for a cuppa, that'll give the old man something to talk about!

What a lovely post!!! :T

Welcome Jue123 to the forum.

I feel it sums up a lot of the views of many many MSE forum members.
    I'm sure he realises how so many of us feel, and I really hope he reads your post.

Luv Jan xxx
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    jue123 wrote: »
    I asked my husband if we could sign up for another year at the Gym (always good intentions) he said " Martin said if you haven't used it in the last month CANCEL! Well didn't that show me! Least he is listening to Martin as well.

:D Welcome to the site, jue123 :wave:

At least you know your husband is actually paying attention to the moneysaving advice too! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES