Ocober wedding, anyone?

Options
I was just wondering - anyone else getting married in October? It would be nice to share the plans with any others getting married at that time!
Ours in towards the end of the month, midweek (very MSE!), my second time but OH's first. Got quite a few things sorted, booked and paid for, and we've had a few hiccups along the way (mostly my side - why can't my family be happy for me LOL!)

So - anyone else for October? Not that far away now........... :eek:
:j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
:heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
:p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p

Comments

• Speckled_Egg
    Speckled_Egg Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh me me me! :j

We're getting married on 4 October in Hurley, Berkshire. We're pretty much there on the organisation front. I'm making invites at the mo to go out in the next week or so.

Is there anyone else out there?
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Yay, I'm not the last one on the board to be getting married!!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• pjs_3
    pjs_3 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I got married on October 30th 1999. it was great as many things were cheaper because of the time of year. Also we had the wedding photographer himself and not an assistant who sometimes takes over from him on busy days. We also got an upgrade on our wedding video and 2 people filmed instead of one as they had no other weddings that day. The weather was great,better than our friends who got married in August! We got some lovely photos of use walking under the trees with leaves falling off. Everything went to plan partly because I think the companies involved were not busy with other weddings so they were not rushed and could give us their undivided attention. Also the Honeymoon was cheaper because it was out of season too!
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm getting married 11th October, pretty much have everything sorted that can be at this time, invitations go out in a couple of weeks so the fun starts there!

I have found that most of the venues and suppliers we saw actually still class October as in wedding season (April - October plus December apparently) so nothing was cheaper that any other time of year and as we're still going somewhere hot and sunny for honeymoon, that wasn't out of season either.
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well thought I'd better update this thread! Got all the invites made and sent out - we're even getting a few acceptances! :rotfl:
    I'll be ordering the wedding cake next week (M&S), have ordered the wedding car (vintage Rolls as OH couldn't get me an Aston for the day!), booked the florist, sorted the hairdresser and chosen the food.
    I was a bit put out to hear that the registry office is undergoing extensive refurbishment from the beginning of October (it's a Grade II listed building) and when I phoned them to query this, I was told it wasn't a problem as they don't have any weddings booked in October! I soon put them right, I'll be paying them a visit on the 27th now to make sure it's all ok - this is the same registry office who hadn't realised that their license had lapsed a couple of years back! :eek:
    Hope everyone else's arrangements are going well too!
  • december
    december Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also getting married in October, Thursday 30th. I think we;re mostly done to be honest, just having meetings with people to finalise the plans. We've got the wedding rings, my shoes and make up to sort out and that's it really. Just the last of the money to be found! We've had most of the RSVPs back which is good, oh I've just remembered, we do have to sort out the evening guest list and send out the invites......

Glad to hear everyone's planning is going well,

December
    BSC support number 158

weight loss - 52lbs
  • Sagaris
    Options
    Funny - I was just thinking about the acceptances - the only one's I've had are three from work! Never mind, I'm sure we'll get a few more soon. People don't really seem to bother replying, so no doubt we'll be making a few phone calls eventually.

Oh, and we got the confirmation of the honeymoon - A week in Sharm, all inclusive, can't wait! That's something else to cross off the list.
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to two weddings in October. :)
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • louloubelle79
    Options
    28th October for me, booking it this week YIKES!
  • Sagaris
    Options
    28th October for me, booking it this week YIKES!
    Ooooh same date as us!
    Solved the problem of a jacket to go with the dress - I was looking for an ivory one which was proving to be a headache, matching the fabric colour - so I went for a gold one! It looks good, just hope it's ok on the day.
    Ordered the wedding cake today too - M&S milk chocolate one, with an ivory fruit bar cake for those who don't like chocolate (does such a person exist lol) and can also be cut and sent to anyone who can't come on the day.
    It's getting closer..... :eek: :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business