PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How Do You Pleat a Teatowel to Support A French Baguette?

Options
Although I have been making bread for quite a while, I have only recently ventured into French Baguettes and so far they have turned out really well. However, I think I must be a bit backward when it comes to pleating my teatowels to support the dough as it rises. I just get a teatowel and fold each side in on itself a couple of times and then fold the ends under. I usually have to do it a few times to get it right (or is it?). I have my sausage shaped dough on baking parchment which I insert into the teatowel. Is there an easier way or is this the right way? How do you do yours?

By the way, I make two baguettes at a time and support them separately with a tea towel each. Is this right or wrong?

Comments

• mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any idea about tea towel, I just put mine to rise in a french loaf pan, holds two loaves and is sort of shaped like a w when viewed from the end, has lots of little holes in too, so it looks like the real ones! I bought it on Amazon for about £4.00.
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • organic_wanabe
    Options
    Thanks for that mummysaver. I have just placed an Amazon order so I'll go and see if I can find it and maybe add it to my order.

Is yours the Farringdon one? I noticed that one of the reviews on Amazon said that it rusts. Have you had any problems?
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for that mummysaver. I have just placed an Amazon order so I'll go and see if I can find it and add it to my order.

Here you go ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills