St Georges Market

Has anyone been to the Farmers market in St Georges at the weekend??

If so what do you think? Is it worth it, value for money etc etc

I would like some feedback before I make a trip up to Belfast specially.

Thanks All!! :D

Comments

• Value for money kinda depends on what you go there for? Go on one of the Spanish themed days (Saturday) and get some tapas and listen to some Spanish music. Have a browse around and maybe buy some decent Irish cheeses - but Nutt's Corner it ain't!!

Can recommend it more as a morning/afternoon out as opposed to a bargain hunt!
    There's no such thing as a "free lunch"! :mad:
  • leftieM
    leftieM Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I didn't think it was cheap but it's good for organic veg, fish and organic/ free range meat. It's a decent place to bring kids I thought as there is plenty of space and places to sit.
    Stercus accidit
  • gorilla
    gorilla Posts: 217 Forumite
    Get there early. I went once at 10:30 and most had already packed up to go home. It was a busy day apparently. I've heard only good things about it. I'd say it's definitely worth at least one visit.
  • I was there last week in the about 2pm, it was quiet and when i passed on the way back about 3pm they were packing up. I though the produce looked very nice, but it was expensive enough. £1 for a croissant. Nice fresh coffee and live music.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It's well worth a visit, but I did think that things were a little over-priced.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport