Amazon Jersey

Options
Just to let you all know that I found Shrek 2 at Amazon for £12.99 but that you can also buy it from Amazon Jersey VAT free!! so I am investigating more VAT free deals and will return to this thread soon.... ;)
if i had known then what i know now

Comments

• Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A film called Carandiru is also available - I have never heard of it though....

£15.99 amazon UK - £12.65 + £1.24 postage from Jersey.

Shrek 2 is £10.65 + £1.24 postage from Jersey

There are savings to be made, but they are not huge because super saver delivery does not apply - the limit for no vat on imported goods is £18 - wonder if that goes some way to the reason of £19 minimum for super saver...  ::)

Love actually is £16.99 (inc postage) in jersey, £18.99 uk - but I have a feeling it may well be cheaper elsewhere
  • Tempo_2
    Tempo_2 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    If you purchase from jersey, you may be liable to pay VAT charges. I contacted customs & excise about something which I was anticipating getting from Jersey, they said only children's clothes are exempt from VAT, if purchased from Jersey.
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Goods valued at less than £18 are never charged VAT depending on the goods) mainly because it is not worth the time and effort of collection for the values involved.

Most DVD's and CD's are under this value - this is how places like CD-WOW offer cheap prices.
  • Cobbie
    Cobbie Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They've (AJ) got Ricky Gervais Animals DVD for £4.65 (+£1.24 Postage) which is less than half anywhere else. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000D9YFM/qid=1099839047/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-1875680-6681202

Cobbie.
    First Post, hello! ;D
    And when I come to blows
    When I am numbering my foes
    Just hope that you are on my side my dear.
  • Tempo_2
    Tempo_2 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Goods valued at less than £18 are never charged VAT depending on the goods) mainly because it is not worth the time and effort of collection for the values involved.

Most DVD's and CD's are under this value - this is how places like CD-WOW offer cheap prices.

You will find that goods valued at less than £18 are not charged(or exempt from) customs/excise duty, there is a difference.
  • Travelqueen
    Options
    Send-it & Choices are also the same price (11.99 incl delivery) and not subject to any customs concerns.

Try https://www.find-dvd.co.uk to check prices on DVDs & https://www.find-cd.co.uk for CDs.

TQ
    One day everything I earn will be mine and not the banks... ::rotfl:
  • lofty_2
    lofty_2 Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    Is There a special website for Amazon Jersey???
    Nice to Save. To save it's ____
  • lofty_2
    lofty_2 Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    How long do they usually take to come? This looks like a great thing, found some cheap dvd's dont know if they take as long as play.com(5days)
    Nice to Save. To save it's ____
  • Cobbie
    Cobbie Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Ricky Gervais DVD arrived today. ;D So about 3/4 days.

Cobbie.
    And when I come to blows
    When I am numbering my foes
    Just hope that you are on my side my dear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure