I thought it was a good mix of topics, good to see Martin explaining about the the home insulation. I've been surprised just how many people have no idea about how it works, and how cheaply it can be done. The money it saves is amazing.

Nice to see the old style of cleaning methods also covered.
Was the chap a forum member I wonder?
................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................

Replies

• KavanneKavanne Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    how many people will cancel their packaged accounts after this prog?
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• DuncraigDuncraig Forumite
    6 Posts
    I agree nice mix of topics but PLEASE, PLEASE stop all that boom boom beat background music to all the film reports, and some of the studio ones as well. Why do directors think background music is need for a factual program which is trying to inform the viewer? :mad:
    It adds absolutely nothing to the content, in fact at one point I was almost switching off but wanted to hear the topic of enegry saving so stayed with the program.
  • Stephen_LeakStephen_Leak
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't ... believe it!

I'm so down after my job interview yesterday (I didn't get what could have been a perfect and life-changing job) and stressed out before my job interview tomorrow (for a not quite as perfect but equally lucrative and well-located job), that I entirely forgot that my bit on cleaning tips was on!

Has anyone recorded the show on DVD?
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had it recorded so just watching it now but IPTW More is online now.

http://www.itpaystowatch.co.uk/shows/show-18
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I think perhaps its time I looked into switching my electricity :o
  • MARTINS_DOLLMARTINS_DOLL Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    I don't ... believe it!

I'm so down after my job interview yesterday (I didn't get what could have been a perfect and life-changing job) and stressed out before my job interview tomorrow (for a not quite as perfect but equally lucrative and well-located job), that I entirely forgot that my bit on cleaning tips was on!

Hi Stephen, sorry to hear about your Job interview, hopefully Todays one has gone better for you.

Regarding a DVD recording, I'm afraid I can't help. I don't have a DVD recorder.
    I do however have a VHS recording of the programme, if that's any help.
    You are welcome to borrow it if you want to, maybe you could get someone to copy it for you. I would like it back by next Wednesday though, as I record all of Martins programmes!
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • GemmzieGemmzie Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Those grants are ridiculous - they have such stupid rules people who need them can't get them :mad:
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    I don't ... believe it!

Sorry - only got my copy on sky plus. :(

You came across very well - if that's any consolation. I thought the sketch of you sitting in the bath was very funny! :D
  • MARTINS_DOLLMARTINS_DOLL Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    jo_b wrote: »
    Sorry - only got my copy on sky plus. :(

You came across very well - if that's any consolation. I thought the sketch of you sitting in the bath was very funny! :D

I agree Jo, K & A (HCIYH) would be very proud of Stephen for spreading the word on old style cleaning, it saves a fortune.

I love the white vinegar and bicarb myself, and you can't beat a microfibre cloth, takes a lot of work out of cleaning ... :D
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    I agree Jo, K & A (HCIYH) would be very proud of Stephen for spreading the word on old style cleaning, it saves a fortune.

Just worked out the meaning - Kim and Aggie (How Clean is Your House). I was sitting here with a furrowed brow for a minute! :D

I used to enjoy Kim and Aggie until I got seduced by the Perfect Housewife (Anthea Turner!) :o
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News